Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Dh came home ate diner them fell asleep. Ok this is normal. turned the tv off, brought the dogs in and put our puppy in the kennel. I spent an HOUR getting dh to come to bed. Then our damn puppy starts his whining and crying like every other fucking night. So I get up and let him out.... He starts barking not a minute after I put him outside. This shit happens every single night. It's worse than having a newborn!!!!! If he's not kenneled he tears the house up. Hes eaten more toys than I can count, dhs glasses and tools from work... I am getting sick and tired of this damn dog!! When we have another baby the fucking dog will wake it up.and then I might go psycho on it.

Vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Replies (31-40):
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM
He gets tons of exercise. Him and the other dog play and run constantly.

Quoting Anonymous:

He wants to be outside barking 24/7? How much exercise is he getting? I know I had to walk my puppy a LOT to chill him out enough to be calm at night. I'm talking 3-5 miles every day.

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

He's 10mo he was 6 mo when we got him. We have tried putting them together in or room and he still freaks out. He doesnt like being inside EVER.

Quoting Anonymous:

How long have you had him? Was he kenneled at his previous home? I think he's lonely, buy if you want him in the kennel at night, he'll just have to deal with it. And you'll have to wait it out. I love puppies.....when they're not mine, lol.

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

He's a lab/rott mix. More lab than rott

Quoting Anonymous:

What breed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
We don't have room for that. He's a 90lb dog lol I'm putting my foot down tomorrow. Dh is finding the dog a new home. I can't handle this.

Quoting angel_eyez:

When i had my dog it was like that. I moved the crate to the hallway in the middle of all the rooms and he stopped barking like that. I think he was lonely. Try that. Maybe it would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Why do people get dogs without any thought to getting it properly trained? If you can't handle, you call a professional.  If you can't afford it then you shouldn't get a dog.  Pets have needs and if you aren't going to take the time to learn what they are and provide them, then get a stuffed animal.  People like you are why shelters are overwhelmed and thousands of dogs are put to sleep everyday.  I hope you rehome that dog with a family that can appreciate him.  BTW, ten months is not a "puppy".

babyboy117
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 AM

This is why I never want a dog for a pet. I love dogs, just not in my house or as my pet. lol I grew up with dogs as pets and they annoyed me so much.

Diamondblue1
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM
Awww puppies are just like babies:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM
For the barking, I recommend this collar that worked on my parents' yappy dogs - a citronella collar that just sprays them when they yap. No shocks, but it works like a charm.
You can get them at places like petsmart.
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 AM
ok... First off, we have sn awesome 3 year old dog. We have enough money for him and to train him, but getting to a trainer is damn near impossible. Our closest town is 45mi away. They are tiny. Our closest semi larger town is 66 miles away. I live in an oil field town. So getting him into training is impossible when dh works 7 days a week and we only have one vehicle. I love him and appreciate him but this never ends... No matter what we do. No... I will not take him to a shelter. I have never taken an animal to a shelter. I just don't know how to handle the situation. So calm down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people get dogs without any thought to getting it properly trained? If you can't handle, you call a professional.  If you can't afford it then you shouldn't get a dog.  Pets have needs and if you aren't going to take the time to learn what they are and provide them, then get a stuffed animal.  People like you are why shelters are overwhelmed and thousands of dogs are put to sleep everyday.  I hope you rehome that dog with a family that can appreciate him.  BTW, ten months is not a "puppy".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awhunt897
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Aww, poor thing. Can you go to sleep with some ear plugs maybe and try to let dh deal with the puppy's whining and crying?

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Mine isn't cute anymore... He haunts my most amazing dreams...

Quoting awhunt897:

Omg, this is EXACTLY how my night went tonight. Except my puppy also likes one of my newest pair of shoes too! Damn dog!!! Ugh, if it wasn't so flipping cute. I swear! At least he goes after the same pair, so I just leave them in there now for fear if I throw them out he will destroy another pair of shoes too. I barely got any use out of the really cute wedges either :'(

anon1986East
by Kali on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:32 AM

I can understand the frustration. I got lucky with my current dog. He doesn't whine, doesn't tear stuff up anymore (when he was little he'd tear up sheets on the beds). He does have a habit of hiding his toys in weird places though, like inside shoes or under pillows and a few times I found his toys buried in the kids toy boxes. He also likes to bury his toys in the yard, he actually recently found some chew toys that he had buried last year - then he pouts because I don't want to play with him when he has a dirt covered old chew toy. The only human toys he has chewed up are old stuff animals that the kids didn't want anymore, and a couple soft balls that I gave him which he chews up and spits out leaving all the little pieces on the floor. I wish I could train him to put his toys away because he's as bad as the kids, he acts very much like a toddler.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Can't you take your husband to work and use the car?  When my car was in the shop, I borrowed one and drive 75 minutes to my trainer.  Trainers also make house calls.  I do whatever needs to be done.

Rotties have one of the strongest bites.  Kongs stuffed and frozen, frozen buffallo knuckles, marrow bones, etc.  Kong also makes a line of heavy duty toys.  They are also one of the most intelligent breeds so consistency is everything or they will take advantage. We have rotties so I'm speaking from experience.

Labs are 500 lbs of energy stuffed in a 100 lb. dog.  Mix that with a rottie probaby isn't the smartest idea.  Both breeds need exercise , structured discipline and more exercise.  Exercise for the mind is just as important.  Dog bricks and puzzles, etc..

A tired dog is a well-behaved dog.  If the dog is carrying on at night, he's not getting enough during the day.

Crate should be a dog's safe place.  Special toys  and treats just for the crate until they learn to appreciate it.

Next time research the breed before you run out and get one.

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

ok... First off, we have sn awesome 3 year old dog. We have enough money for him and to train him, but getting to a trainer is damn near impossible. Our closest town is 45mi away. They are tiny. Our closest semi larger town is 66 miles away. I live in an oil field town. So getting him into training is impossible when dh works 7 days a week and we only have one vehicle. I love him and appreciate him but this never ends... No matter what we do. No... I will not take him to a shelter. I have never taken an animal to a shelter. I just don't know how to handle the situation. So calm down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)