Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
Dh came home ate diner them fell asleep. Ok this is normal. turned the tv off, brought the dogs in and put our puppy in the kennel. I spent an HOUR getting dh to come to bed. Then our damn puppy starts his whining and crying like every other fucking night. So I get up and let him out.... He starts barking not a minute after I put him outside. This shit happens every single night. It's worse than having a newborn!!!!! If he's not kenneled he tears the house up. Hes eaten more toys than I can count, dhs glasses and tools from work... I am getting sick and tired of this damn dog!! When we have another baby the fucking dog will wake it up.and then I might go psycho on it.

Vent over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Replies (41-50):
MsCherry10
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:42 AM

You need to get him a really good chew toy, and lock him in the bathroom with a radio. Unplug an alarm radio and replug it in the bathroom with it lol

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:49 AM

You leave the dog in the kennel  he isn't going to learn that it is quiet time unless you leave him/her in there over night. I also have a puppy that is kennel training and after a few night she has it down and now I can leave her in it or leave her out all night. We usually kennel her as she is still potty training.  But she is not in the kennel unless we leave or at night.

Bird16_J
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:52 AM

Hate to say it but the fucking thing would be gone. I love animals but if the hubby can't help take care of the stupid fucking thing then it's gone.

beehive7
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Give him some NyQuil! And a shot of tequila

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:58 AM
Cover his kennel and let him CIO, per se. We did that with our puppy and she learned within three days. Just make sure he goes potty before going to bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:16 AM

My dog Bentley was crate trained.  The heathen we have now... I mean puppy we have no loves Bentley and is good as long as he can cuddle with Bent.  The damn thing just WONT potty train!  His sister was the same way.  IDK why hubby had to get this puppy!

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

Yes. He just hates being inside....

Quoting horseap:

Have you tried putting them together?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:27 AM

I hate my dog. I fucking HATE her! I even tried to give her away once, and DH stopped talking to me for a week. They couldn't handle her either, they gave her BACK! There are mainly two things I don't/didn't like about her. #1: She barked non-stop. At everything. Bark, bark, bark, bark. All day and all night. She would bark at the sky if there was nothing else to bark at. I bought her a shock collar and the problem was corrected within a week. She doesn't wear it anymore and she's calmed down on the barking. Now she only barks if someone is walking by the house, which is still annoying, but it's a lot better than before. And #2, she thinks the kid's wing of the house is her personal toilet. She knows what she's supposed to do, and we even have a doggie door. Every fucking morning I have to wake up and clean up her shit and piss. Even if we close the bedroom doors, she'll shit and piss right outside them. I've tried every trick in the book to make her shit outside, but nothing works. She knows what she's doing because she doesn't do it during the day time when everyone is awake to witness. She waits 'till everyone is asleep and then lets it rip.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Yikes. 11 months old and still acts that way?
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:56 AM
Dh leaves for work at 5am. I am not waking my toddler up that early. No way in hell... He has his bedtime treats and when he sees us with the bag he goes straight to bed. An hour later hes crying. He has a kong and a tire for chewing but doesnt like chewing on them. We also have a very nice soft squishy bed for him in the kennel. He runs all day with our other dog. And he plays with the neighbor dog. He doesnt misbehave during the day. Just at night. I will see if there are trainers that will come out this direction but I doubt it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can't you take your husband to work and use the car?  When my car was in the shop, I borrowed one and drive 75 minutes to my trainer.  Trainers also make house calls.  I do whatever needs to be done.

Rotties have one of the strongest bites.  Kongs stuffed and frozen, frozen buffallo knuckles, marrow bones, etc.  Kong also makes a line of heavy duty toys.  They are also one of the most intelligent breeds so consistency is everything or they will take advantage. We have rotties so I'm speaking from experience.

Labs are 500 lbs of energy stuffed in a 100 lb. dog.  Mix that with a rottie probaby isn't the smartest idea.  Both breeds need exercise , structured discipline and more exercise.  Exercise for the mind is just as important.  Dog bricks and puzzles, etc..

A tired dog is a well-behaved dog.  If the dog is carrying on at night, he's not getting enough during the day.

Crate should be a dog's safe place.  Special toys  and treats just for the crate until they learn to appreciate it.

Next time research the breed before you run out and get one.

Quoting DayDreamer1201:

ok... First off, we have sn awesome 3 year old dog. We have enough money for him and to train him, but getting to a trainer is damn near impossible. Our closest town is 45mi away. They are tiny. Our closest semi larger town is 66 miles away. I live in an oil field town. So getting him into training is impossible when dh works 7 days a week and we only have one vehicle. I love him and appreciate him but this never ends... No matter what we do. No... I will not take him to a shelter. I have never taken an animal to a shelter. I just don't know how to handle the situation. So calm down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do people get dogs without any thought to getting it properly trained? If you can't handle, you call a professional.  If you can't afford it then you shouldn't get a dog.  Pets have needs and if you aren't going to take the time to learn what they are and provide them, then get a stuffed animal.  People like you are why shelters are overwhelmed and thousands of dogs are put to sleep everyday.  I hope you rehome that dog with a family that can appreciate him.  BTW, ten months is not a "puppy".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DayDreamer1201
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Yep. I am so over it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Yikes. 11 months old and still acts that way?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)