Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

huggers, arm patters and cheek kissers.

Posted by   + Show Post

Sort of a spinoff from the closetalker thread.

Does it bother you if someone touches you without invitation? Say a hug, cheek kiss or a pat on the arm or leg while talking?

How do you handle it? Do you think it odd if someone doesn't like to be touched?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM
Mysophobia, fear of germs.
Chiraptophobia, fear of human contact.
Need I say more?
brittanyjenean
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM
One of the ladies I work with, her daughter and I had attended school together. Her daughter died several years ago and it was a fluke she and I worked together. She thought about how old her daughter would be this year and I couldn't help but rub her shoulder as if to say it's okay. So depending on what it is, I'm a hugger, arm patter, shoulder rubber.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I am ok with people touching me. I'm pregnant and my belly seems to scream "touch me, touch me now!" Lol but sometimes I get creeped out when the person out of the blue hugs or kisses me. I'm like umm ok awkward.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bozobean
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM
I just can't stand to have someone pat or put their hand own on me when their talking to me. It's condescending, and I hate being talked down to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Ugh I hate patters..i am not a dog dont pat me! Its a pet peeve!
mommamaggi
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM
1 mom liked this

It depends on the person. If I don't know you, don't touch me, I'll ask you not to do it again and if you do I'll touch you back and it will probably hurt. 

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM
I am fine with it. Most of the time now it's a fist pound with my guy friends. Girls it's a hug or cheek kiss. Family it's a cheek kiss.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 AM

probably.  Do you have those phobias?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mysophobia, fear of germs.
Chiraptophobia, fear of human contact.
Need I say more?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Oh gosh I am guilty.  I am a hugger, kisser and patter!  I do try to read people as best as I can and generally I can tell if someone is uncomfortable and I make a mental note to not try hugging or kissing them the next time.  My DS has ASD and when we communicate with him, we always have to touch him (give him a pat) to let him know we are speaking.  I have gotten into the habit of doing that with everyone, especially kids.  But generally I don't get an uncomfortable vibe when I do.

tennisgal
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:15 AM

the hugs yes, but an arm pat or something doesnt bother me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)