Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

huggers, arm patters and cheek kissers.

Posted by   + Show Post

Sort of a spinoff from the closetalker thread.

Does it bother you if someone touches you without invitation? Say a hug, cheek kiss or a pat on the arm or leg while talking?

How do you handle it? Do you think it odd if someone doesn't like to be touched?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Idk. I am not much of a hugger, etc...... I really dont mind at first, but after the first or 2nd time I usually give off the vide that it is not my style.....

It was about 1995 when I noticed all the hugging going on. (7th grade) I thought it was bc I went to school with lots of spanish people, but maybe that is when this "fad" began????
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:18 AM
I do. Why else would posting them make sense?

Quoting 428:

probably.  Do you have those phobias?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mysophobia, fear of germs.

Chiraptophobia, fear of human contact.

Need I say more?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 AM
I pull away. I hate being touched!!
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 AM

on this site?? Lol, I wasnt sure if you were being a bitchy smartass or you had the phobias, those would suck :(

Quoting Anonymous:

I do. Why else would posting them make sense?

Quoting 428:

probably.  Do you have those phobias?

Quoting Anonymous:

Mysophobia, fear of germs.

Chiraptophobia, fear of human contact.

Need I say more?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 AM
Why do u do that? Lol

Quoting mattiehatter:

I'm guilty of touching someone to let them know I'm walking behind them at work. Nothing that a lot of people give a second thought to (just a shoulder touch).

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:21 AM

Doesn't bother me. Only thing like that, that has bugged me was a guy at church. He would walk up behind me place his hand on my shoulder, then walk around so I could see him. Freaked me out and bugged me everytime, and only because he came from behind.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 AM
Im just curious..... is there an underlying issue behind that?

Quoting 428:

I can understand, my sis tells me I get weird when someone touches me.  And Ive seen an entire room suddenly go quiet after someone touches me and I bluntly say "Dont touch me.  Ever."

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes! I cannot stand being touched by most people. Including family. If you come too close, I'll move away from you. Keep coming and my hand comes up, signaling you to back off. Don't take the hint, and hand becomes a fist. Keep coming and I'll punch you.

Yes, I know it'd be polite to use words, but its not possible for me. Its an issue. I've been in therapy for years. Everyone who knows me is aware, and there are still people who try it.

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM
I hate being touched. There are very few people allowed to touch me. I will back away if someone even tries.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tattdmom2prncss
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM

Yes, it bothers that daylights out of me. Sometimes I simply allow the hug or pat but other times I will shy away from other form of contact and try to figure out a way to discretely and politely put distance between the person and I.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:26 AM
I worked in a telemarketing room when I was prego and hated when men touched my belly!!!! Gave me the eeby jeebies or whatever they're called.

Quoting sweetieiv:

I am ok with people touching me. I'm pregnant and my belly seems to scream "touch me, touch me now!" Lol but sometimes I get creeped out when the person out of the blue hugs or kisses me. I'm like umm ok awkward.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN