Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm about to report my Meth using friend to CPS *I filed the complaint just now with CPS*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 79 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure if I should write out what I've seen first and then call or what. I have a few questions and I hope someone who's had to report a loved one before to CPS can help me out. First off I have to leave a recording with my own voice: can CPS played the recording my friend? Second: what specific words or phrases should I use because I don't want this report to get over looked.

Back story:

My friend uses Meth to clean her house on the weekends. She lives with her 3 kids and drug dealing/addict boyfriend. My friend leaves her kids at midnight or later (the oldest is 9 years old) to go meet different men off the party line for sex. Sometimes when her boyfriend is away she'll bring the men over. She sometimes doesn't have food to feed her kids and her mom has control over her money because if it's left with my friend her boyfriend will and has beat the living shit out of her for it to feed his drug habit. Without Meth her house is disgusting. She has 2 cats, 4 rabbits, and 3 dogs all living inside her 2 bedroom duplex and the fleas and smell feces, urine is bothersome. My friend is bipolar and lives off of SSI and welfare. She refuses to take her meds and goes postal on her daughters every day especially if the boyfriend isn't around. All 3 of her kids have ADHD and she over medicates them on purpose. If her boyfriend is there he punishes the kids. Boyfriend is wanted in another county for drug charges I believe and has essentially been hiding out for almost 6 years at my friend's house. He's unemployed and physcially abusive towards my friend and beats her (black and blue beatings). It's amazing to me that he ever leaves the house, but again my friend's mom has her money. My friend also smokes weed, but that's legal here with a cannabis card. Finally, my friend has been reported to CPS several times in the past. Her parents will lie for her.

So after reading this which parts should I emphasize in my message?

EDIT: The boyfriend is NOT the father of any of her kids.

EDIT: I made the report. They didn't ask for my name and I called block. I tried to be a little vague, but I haven't spoken to this friend in two months. We've been friends for years now I've never called CPS on her, but others have.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Bump and good luck. Never dealt with cps before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Frosting
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, those kids are in a horrid situation.  You seriously have to report that.  Don't worry about the recording, they won't play that for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Thank you. I don't want my report to be all over the place.

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Bump and good luck. Never dealt with cps before.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this

not what she is doing to herself, but the abuse the bf is doing to her -in front of the kids?- and emphasis anything that she is doing to neglect her kids. also concern for hte kids safety and sometimes explaining that family members have lied about her to cps before will help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:06 AM

I feel nervous as hell, but she hasn't called since the beginning of December and she told me all this after not speaking to me for over a year. Her situation seems to get worse year after year.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Yes, those kids are in a horrid situation.  You seriously have to report that.  Don't worry about the recording, they won't play that for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Call back during regular business hours and you will get to speak to a person. Also if you don't leave your name and number they really don't take the complaint as seriously as they do anon callers. Tell them everything and add that you are worried about the safety of the kids. Mention that the mothers gets her daughters money for her so she will lie for her if needed.

arethese kids in school? Maybe mention something to a counselor or a teacher. You can call them too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Thank you! Her parents especially her mom will lie and say things are going ok and are manageable. I really hope they interview those kids at school away from their mom. My friend will beat them if they tell the truth.

Quoting bustybee:

not what she is doing to herself, but the abuse the bf is doing to her -in front of the kids?- and emphasis anything that she is doing to neglect her kids. also concern for hte kids safety and sometimes explaining that family members have lied about her to cps before will help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this

is there any way that you can take pics of the household, before its cleaned? the bipolar i dont think can really be proven... or the ADHD. (that she's not taking the meds or overmedicating). there's no law that says she cant have men come over... and in your state, the 9 year old may be old enough to care for the siblings... in my state, if i felt that my son was mature enough to be left home alone, for a reasonable amount of time, i can do so without any legal actions... i learned this when he was 4 years old. also-- her getting beat.. unfortunately, there's nothing that you can do about that. the law cant come in and say 'you need to stop putting yourself in a position to be beat'. its a change she's going to have to make herself.

that being said-- the fact that he's a fugative may be helpful- although CPS wont care. you'd have to contact someone else.... i guess that, condition of the house and drug tests would be the best things to say

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM

I believe in our county the reports are taken on a recorded message machine. I'll see if I should call in and speak to someoen live. I'll emphasize that her parents have and will lie to cover up what's going on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Call back during regular business hours and you will get to speak to a person. Also if you don't leave your name and number they really don't take the complaint as seriously as they do anon callers. Tell them everything and add that you are worried about the safety of the kids. Mention that the mothers gets her daughters money for her so she will lie for her if needed.

arethese kids in school? Maybe mention something to a counselor or a teacher. You can call them too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Emphasize her parents lying during previous investigations & physical abuse. Pics of the house & bruises would help your case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)