Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I want to get a tattoo

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM
  • 37 Replies
I was raised being told tattoos are trashy. I don't think they are. I think they are artful expressions you put on your body. I want a butterfly and a star and maybe a flower. I was on my shoulder blade. I want my kids names around the butterfly. What do you ladies think?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mitsukai127
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:23 AM
I think thats gorgeous! ! I'm wanting some more ink, I have 4 so far.
Allinorder
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:26 AM
I can't wait to get it and post pictures. I always the butterfly with the stars. My name means butterfly it means star in Hebrew.

Quoting mitsukai127:

I think thats gorgeous! ! I'm wanting some more ink, I have 4 so far.

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I think stars, butterflies, and flowers are way overdone. If you want a tattoo, you should try to come up with something somewhat original. That's just my opinion though.

Allinorder
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:30 AM
Is there a website I can look at?

Quoting heresjohnny:

I think stars, butterflies, and flowers are way overdone. If you want a tattoo, you should try to come up with something somewhat original. That's just my opinion though.

krystyneh
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM
I think it'll look nice :) I have a butterfly with tribal tramp stamp, my daufhter's portrait on my left shoulder blade, a butterfly on my right shoulder blade and the Chinese symbol for eternal love on the back of my neck (my husband has the same on the back of his neck lol we got matching tattoos) and after I have my second baby (I'm 6-7 weeks pregnant) I'm getting a fairy sitting on a rose on each ankle to represent both of my grandmother's who I took care of before they passed away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:32 AM
ive been wanting one too. same position you are.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:33 AM
I think they're boring and over-done. But I do have some, as does dh. They're just old. Or maybe I'm getting old lol.

I do love convict tattoos though.
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:35 AM

I have a barrel racer on my left shoulder. Hid it from my mom even though I was 25. She seen it and said she really liked it. She says she wants one but can't handle needles like that. Never knew my mom wanted one!

heresjohnny
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:41 AM

The wonderful world of the internet is full of images. Just do an image search of whatever pops into your head and bring it in to the tattoo place. And I'm not saying DON'T get stars and butterflies, just don't go for average, kwim?

Quoting Allinorder:

Is there a website I can look at?

Quoting heresjohnny:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:47 AM

I was raised the same way, but I got inked for my 38th and 40th bday.  I have my kids initials decorated on my right rear hip/side and my first tracking dog (head and neck) and his name with a halo on my upper left thigh (his heel position) after he passed

No my mom does NOT know lol  It would just upset her and I see no need for that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)