Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before cafemom... I never knew...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 412 Replies
16 moms liked this
That moms had such strong opinions on formula feeding vs. Breast feeding. In real life people act like they don't much care, here its like world war 3 anytime the topic is brought up.

That circumcision was cause for debate. Honestly, I just didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the battle royales going on on cafemom.

What ERFing was. I had my first son 7.5 yrs ago. I turned him forward facing at the minimum for the state regs. Not long after I joined cafemom I saw debates galore about ERFing. It just wasn't something I ever would have heard of had it not been for cafemom.

That PA made so many people mad. I never realized how many people hate PA, or think all people on PA are fat, lazy slobs who don't parent.. Etc.

How much crap they put in the food you buy at the store. Or in your detergents.. Not saying I'm blind to these things, I just never would have had reason to question any of it.

That people breast feed to five or six... I never would have guessed.

That cloth diapering was so popular.

That people argued about homeschooling vs public schooling. :/

What have you learned since joining? What arguments on here have surprised you? I know I now ERF my kids. Not to the extreme that some ladies do, but until 2. And my kids are in five point harnessess until 65lbs. I'll also be trying to breast feed this baby (tried the last two times with no success), but I'm going to try harder this time.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
macysmom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this
The foods you can't est while pregnant .. I ate subway nearly every day with my first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
84 moms liked this
I thought most women grew up and stopped acting like clicky high-school drama queens.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
53 moms liked this

The two major things I've learned here is how incredibly stupid women can be and how incredibly cruel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
15 moms liked this
I never knew that every husband out there is a cheating dog or that strangers know my husband better than I do.
dolphingurl1286
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM
5 moms liked this
I had never heard of ERFing until cafemom. I never knew people were against circumcision.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
21 moms liked this
I never knew so many people didn't believe in God.
mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
8 moms liked this
Everything you listed plus that is not ok to wear sweat pants/yoga pants to the store, lol. That was a shocker for me; I practically live on yoga pants (cute ones ;). Now everytime I wear them to the grocery store, I feel like "someone" is secretly judging me, lol.
AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Same here but high school never ends it seems like.

Quoting Anonymous:

I thought most women grew up and stopped acting like clicky high-school drama queens.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
...and this

Quoting Anonymous:

The two major things I've learned here is how incredibly stupid women can be and how incredibly cruel.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
3 moms liked this
What is erf?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)