Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before cafemom... I never knew...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That moms had such strong opinions on formula feeding vs. Breast feeding. In real life people act like they don't much care, here its like world war 3 anytime the topic is brought up.

That circumcision was cause for debate. Honestly, I just didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the battle royales going on on cafemom.

What ERFing was. I had my first son 7.5 yrs ago. I turned him forward facing at the minimum for the state regs. Not long after I joined cafemom I saw debates galore about ERFing. It just wasn't something I ever would have heard of had it not been for cafemom.

That PA made so many people mad. I never realized how many people hate PA, or think all people on PA are fat, lazy slobs who don't parent.. Etc.

How much crap they put in the food you buy at the store. Or in your detergents.. Not saying I'm blind to these things, I just never would have had reason to question any of it.

That people breast feed to five or six... I never would have guessed.

That cloth diapering was so popular.

That people argued about homeschooling vs public schooling. :/

What have you learned since joining? What arguments on here have surprised you? I know I now ERF my kids. Not to the extreme that some ladies do, but until 2. And my kids are in five point harnessess until 65lbs. I'll also be trying to breast feed this baby (tried the last two times with no success), but I'm going to try harder this time.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Replies (381-390):
mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Me too!! Especially bc I have to chase a very active
2y/o :)

Quoting LiciaF3:

what?!! I wear sweat pants Everywhere?!!

Quoting mamaof3forlife:

Everything you listed plus that is not ok to wear sweat pants/yoga pants to the store, lol. That was a shocker for me; I practically live on yoga pants (cute ones ;). Now everytime I wear them to the grocery store, I feel like "someone" is secretly judging me, lol.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
elliotmommytobe
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:09 AM
I learned how cruel moms could be to other moms
jamiebell
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Haha i was just telling my husband about that last night !

Quoting morrigan914:

Placenta consumption

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That conservative women are judged harshly on this site... aaaaand having an opinion other than mainstream media is blasphamy.
BEXi
by BEXi on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:28 AM

CM really opened my eyes to all the ignorance women have about other women.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

morrigan914
by Platinum Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I did it with my last baby and it was the best thing I could have done during/after pregnancy. I will not give birth again without doing it.

Quoting jamiebell:

Haha i was just telling my husband about that last night !

Quoting morrigan914:

Placenta consumption

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 2, 2013 at 10:36 AM

that's good.

Quoting WesternNYmom:

My 5 year old son loves to help me bake. I do plan to teach him how to cook so that when he is off at college or out on his own, he isn't just living off  of take out or ramin noodles. I also plan to teach my daughter to cook for the same reason. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh the horror!  You are teaching your family how to pick up after themselves!  How could you?

Seriously,  Thank you for doing that.  If you have sons, your future daughter-in-law will thank you.  Teach them to cook!

Quoting WesternNYmom:

I learned that I am pathetic, because even though I am a SAHM, I refuse to wait on my family hand and foot.  I got bashed by someone, because I posted that I expect my husband to put his dirty clothes in the hamper, and I also expect everyone to bus their own dishes.  I also found out that I was a pathetic mother, because, once in a blue moon, we order out for pizza.

ChristyG2012
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I've learned CM is full is Sanctimommies that could do no wrong.
liz1982549
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM
All of that but the BFing one, I have to admit I am a serious advocate of BFing and have always been
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashfitzmann
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM
How prejudice people are
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)