Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before cafemom... I never knew...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That moms had such strong opinions on formula feeding vs. Breast feeding. In real life people act like they don't much care, here its like world war 3 anytime the topic is brought up.

That circumcision was cause for debate. Honestly, I just didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the battle royales going on on cafemom.

What ERFing was. I had my first son 7.5 yrs ago. I turned him forward facing at the minimum for the state regs. Not long after I joined cafemom I saw debates galore about ERFing. It just wasn't something I ever would have heard of had it not been for cafemom.

That PA made so many people mad. I never realized how many people hate PA, or think all people on PA are fat, lazy slobs who don't parent.. Etc.

How much crap they put in the food you buy at the store. Or in your detergents.. Not saying I'm blind to these things, I just never would have had reason to question any of it.

That people breast feed to five or six... I never would have guessed.

That cloth diapering was so popular.

That people argued about homeschooling vs public schooling. :/

What have you learned since joining? What arguments on here have surprised you? I know I now ERF my kids. Not to the extreme that some ladies do, but until 2. And my kids are in five point harnessess until 65lbs. I'll also be trying to breast feed this baby (tried the last two times with no success), but I'm going to try harder this time.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Replies (401-410):
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Before cafemom...I had no idea that people actually use the "c*nt" word...I have seen it used more here than I have in my entire 29 years.

alexsmomma06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Me too!

Quoting macysmom:

The foods you can't est while pregnant .. I ate subway nearly every day with my first.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Gold Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM

The PA thing is what surprised me the most.  Before this site I never even thought about people who recieve PA, or why they got it, or what they could use it for.  I don't care about any of those things, but now I'm aware that other people do care.

Eyvette
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  1. That there are a ton of know-it-alls that will make you feel terrible about yourself if things are not ideal... which in reality they are not.  I have learned... Don't bother with trying to have your birth go as planned. Go with the flow. It is ok to formula feed. Parenting does not go the way you read of it on cafemom. All the crap I got in my head before I had my baby ... When things didn't go as planned, were cause for post partum depression. I highly suggest that people take everything they read here with a grain of salt... Or even not read. 
sucker4myloves
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I've learned that most women are secretely lunatic cunts who need a desperate reality check and that they let their true colors show online.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

SKM1119
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:43 AM

This is not a site where moms can come for support and advice unless you also want to be ripped apart and criticized.  There are some supportive ones on here but I'd say more hateful ones that must be miserable or something...no other reason they would spit such hatred at people seeking advice wholeheartedly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I never knew so many people didn't believe in God.

I never knew so many people did.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 77 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:50 AM

That being a "hippy" or being "crunchy" had negative connotations.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 76 on Feb. 6, 2013 at 4:51 AM
I learned that birth control has an almost hundred percent failure rate...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Feb. 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM

CM is the only place I've ever seen BF even mentioned, i didnt even know there was that much to tlak about. 

also didn't realize until CM how naive people are about the internet and how it all works and just beleive whatever they are told. Can result in some good laughs at times lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)