Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before cafemom... I never knew...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That moms had such strong opinions on formula feeding vs. Breast feeding. In real life people act like they don't much care, here its like world war 3 anytime the topic is brought up.

That circumcision was cause for debate. Honestly, I just didn't think it was a big deal until I saw the battle royales going on on cafemom.

What ERFing was. I had my first son 7.5 yrs ago. I turned him forward facing at the minimum for the state regs. Not long after I joined cafemom I saw debates galore about ERFing. It just wasn't something I ever would have heard of had it not been for cafemom.

That PA made so many people mad. I never realized how many people hate PA, or think all people on PA are fat, lazy slobs who don't parent.. Etc.

How much crap they put in the food you buy at the store. Or in your detergents.. Not saying I'm blind to these things, I just never would have had reason to question any of it.

That people breast feed to five or six... I never would have guessed.

That cloth diapering was so popular.

That people argued about homeschooling vs public schooling. :/

What have you learned since joining? What arguments on here have surprised you? I know I now ERF my kids. Not to the extreme that some ladies do, but until 2. And my kids are in five point harnessess until 65lbs. I'll also be trying to breast feed this baby (tried the last two times with no success), but I'm going to try harder this time.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Replies (51-60):
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:24 AM

Yeah, this was a pretty shocking discovery lol

Quoting Mcelly:

That some people don't use toilet paper.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Most of the ones you named.

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That total strangers on the internet could be your best friends. I have three that are very close to me, 1 I knew before cm, 1 I met through cm and met irl, and 1 I havent met yet :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Same here

Quoting Anonymous:

I have learned on here that there are some mean ass bitches on this planet who purposely set out to tear you down. I have a thick hide, but damn some people. And just think they are raising up the next generation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM

I learned you are horrible if you smoke cigarettes outside but smoking a joint around your kids is fine!? Ok then!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM

People wage "holy wars" for any topic that interests them.  This website contains a bunch of bored mom's of small children.  I guarantee they will look back when their kids are adults and say "what was I thinking!!!".

Bottom line:  Some things don't matter so much in the real world - it's just a reason for mom's to bitch at each other here, and feel superior.  It's fun to watch though.

armstrong7984
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM

ive learned that most on here are young

that were skrewed if cafemom is the representation of America

AleaKat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Nope. I refused to co sleep with both of mine cause I saw what a hard time my sister had getting them to sleep in their own beds later on.
Plus I toss and turn alot in my sleep and having baby there made me nervous.

Quoting allycally:

That Co sleeping was a big deal..I thought it was something everyone did and not abnormal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sheena696
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Blue waffle?

Quoting sheena696:

I've learned that if someone uses a term that you have never heard of and then says. "LOL google it"..You do NOT, under any circumstance, google it. Because chances are you are about to see something that will make you want to bleach your eyes. 

Yep. lol There were a few others along the way too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I never knew what a blue waffle was, that's for sure !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN