Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pictures of kids in tub on Facebook?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies
There is a girl on my Facebook who keeps posting pictures of her 2 year old in the tub... Standing up! On Facebook!! I was shocked when I saw it and mentioned it to her sister in law. She hasn't seen them so I showed her and she was shocked! The mother is nuts and she's scared to mention it to her so said something to her brother and he kind of laughed it off.
Am I wrong to think it is very inappropriate?!? When I did photography we had to know the laws with pictures involving nudity and from what I remember any girl over a year can not be photographed without a shirt on.

Am I just a paranoid nut or would you post naked pictures of your daughter on Facebook?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I think as long as they are under the age of 2, there is no issue.  I might even edge in 3, but anything over that is a nono.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:53 AM
I have a fb friend who I met on cm actually.

She's always posting pics of her daughter in only panties. She's gotta be 4ish.

She just posted the other day a pic of her kids painting and the little girl is there with no shirt on.

I mean.. It's not like I think it's gross or anything because she's just a little girl, but it worries me because what if that picture got in the wrong hands.

Just creeps me out.
CeeGee81
by CanadaGirl on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I have pictures of my kids in the tub on FB.  Only my friends and family can see my pictures and none of them are perverts so nothing to worry about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM
How do you know for a fact that no one on there is a perv? And a perv will find a way to access your Facebook I wouldn't be surprised

Quoting CeeGee81:

I have pictures of my kids in the tub on FB.  Only my friends and family can see my pictures and none of them are perverts so nothing to worry about.

simplyamazing3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM

i think long as the lil girl isnt standing up thats fine i have a pic of my kid playin in the tub she was 2 at the time. but standing up to me is a nono and i wouldnt post any of my kid in the tub older than 2 but thats just me

JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I have pictures of my children in the tub.. All with no privates showing.. Either bubbles or toys block anything being seen.. BUT I SURE WOULDN'T PUT IT ONLINE!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Report them. FB will take them down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM

If I post any type of picture like that, I blur anything out. That is my child's private parts. No one needs to see that. I rarely post pictures like that, but sometimes they do something so darn cute and you get that picture and you want to show it off. 
I wouldn't want to see someone elses kids private parts. But, to each their own ya know. If you don't really want to see much, you can hide it from your news feed.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM
That's my thoughts!! I have them I just don't post them

Quoting JavaLadybug2:

I have pictures of my children in the tub.. All with no privates showing.. Either bubbles or toys block anything being seen.. BUT I SURE WOULDN'T PUT IT ONLINE!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I think its wrong to post any child naked or even with just undies on. There are so many perverts out there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)