Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My skin dilema!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
Geez... I thought after 30 I wouldn't have to worry about breakouts. Anyone have any idea what I should be using on my face on a regular basis. Im oblivious. Not to mention as I type I have a asprin/ honey mix on the biggest zit I have ever had on my face. Kinda pissed off about it
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
40sandPreg
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I don't know why you think 30 is a magical zit-be-gone age! LOL

Me & my 70 year old mother still get zits.

As for your question try going to a dermatologist for skin care recommendations? Or trial & error different skin care products/regimes.

Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I believe it was my dermatologist,pysciatrist or md that told me the majical number. Thanks though.
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

Use a cleanser with salicylic acid in it and an oil free moisturizer. I personally think that Oil of Olay has some great over the counter products.

Stephd710
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I have really dry skin and that was actually causing me breakouts too.  I read online a little trick.  Wash your face at night and use moisturizer. In the morning, DONT wash it again, just re-moisturize.  It took a few days for my skin to get used to the new routine but now I swear by it.  My face was overcompensating from all the washing I was doing and it was causing me breakouts.  I havent had ONE zit since I started the new routine.  

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM

apple cider vinegar and water as a toner....baking soda and water mixed to form a paste as a scrub. All natural and my skin has never been better. I use Coconut oil as a lotion.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Try the oil cleansing method. It has worked great for me after found the right amount of oil combo to use.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aikimomof3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I had bad cystic acne for a while in my early 20s. Proactiv worked for me, and I tried EVERYTHING!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Sounds brave. Makeup and all just the one wash. Its clearing up but gosh this thing turned into the titanic of zits. Not to be disgusting but it was swollen from my left bottom of my nostril to my bottom lip for three days. Whatever was in it was green. This was no ordinary zit.

Quoting Stephd710:

I have really dry skin and that was actually causing me breakouts too.  I read online a little trick.  Wash your face at night and use moisturizer. In the morning, DONT wash it again, just re-moisturize.  It took a few days for my skin to get used to the new routine but now I swear by it.  My face was overcompensating from all the washing I was doing and it was causing me breakouts.  I havent had ONE zit since I started the new routine.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Thank you all Im headed to the derm tommarow. Aand I orderd proactive yesturday. I did an aspri, honey mask lastnight. I wil take.all advice and try what works. First I need to find out what this really was.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN