Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

are you for real? wow thats um real nice.

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
  • 273 Replies
1 mom liked this

So one of my good friends called the other day, I havent talked to her in forever mainly because her work schedule is insane. But she told me that her husband went to the doctors and they found something wrong with his spine. Apparently whatever it is called (i cant remember) causes this 30 year old to have the spine of an 80 year old. I guess if he gets the surgery, there is a 70% chance that he will be paralyzed from the chest down for the rest of his life. If he doesnt get the surgery, he will definitely be paralyzed within the next few years. So, we were discussing it and I was extremely sympathetic, wow that is awful, he is so young, you are going to have to stand by him, ect....NOPE she straight out said she is filing for divorce because she is 27 years old and she doesnt want to have to take care of a man, she wants a man that will take care of her then she asked what I would do. My answer: "I would take care of him! I would do whatever I could to help him out daily. If that means getting him dressed, helping into the bathroom, helping him shower, i would do it. I said for better or worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer til death do us part. I took that seriously." she said so you would throw away your life like that. I had to hang up. So my question to you ladies is this; If god forbid something awful happened to your S/O or DH, could you walk away and not stick it out to help him?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary841108

BUMP!

mary841108

BUMP!

LAXmom21
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
4 moms liked this

I would NEVER divorce my husband over something like that! To me that is incredibly selfish and immature.

Cymbeline
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
4 moms liked this

I would stand by him.

I'm saddened for your friend's husband.

mary841108
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

that's how i feel. its not like he can help it. life dealt him a shitty hand, she has 2 kids with him and i think she should tough it out. I did ask her what would happen if he got the surgery but it didnt paralyze him, would she feel like shit? she said nope, i need to live my life for me. *grrr* lol

Quoting LAXmom21:

I would NEVER divorce my husband over something like that! To me that is incredibly selfish and immature.

lilyrose2011
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
I'd deffantly stick it out with him
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
samurai_chica
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
5 moms liked this

Of course i would stay...

I married him because of how much i love him. I could never leave him when he needed me most....only a selfish nasty person could do that.

It's obvious that she never really loved him.

TashaB82
by Tootie on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM
5 moms liked this
She doesnt really love him then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TeamTARDIS
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Wow. I would never divorce my DH over something like that.
mary841108
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM

no i dont think she really does love him. it was more of a convenience marriage.

Quoting samurai_chica:

Of course i would stay...

I married him because of how much i love him. I could never leave him when he needed me most....only a selfish nasty person could do that.

It's obvious that she never really loved him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured