Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So not sure about this....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
Ok i was a full time student last year and my friend helped me out allot with buying things for my kids since my kids father didnt help out at all. I told her she can claim them because she helped out so much but idk if its legal???
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
NoahandEliza
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I very highly doubt it's legal, but I have a friend that let's her mom claim her ds every year because she owes back taxes. They've never had a problem. Why don't you just claim your kids and give her the money?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:26 AM
I thought they have to have lived with the person who claims them
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Only legal if they lived with/she fully supported them for 6 months out of the year.
MommyAddie
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:32 AM
Wish you could talk to my BFF of 17 years. Several years ago, her and our friend with 4 kids did the exact same thing. No one else was going to claim the kids, so my friend did. She got in major trouble and her parents had to hire a tax lawyer to keep her from going to prison. She is still paying the $ back.

I also worked with a waitress who claimed her sister's child. The same thing happened. She had to pay the money back and some big fines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Because im not getting any money since i didnt work.and went to school and she helped me out because i was a full time mom and full time student
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured