Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I confess..I feel small for 36 weeks and worry about my baby's size

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
  • 111 Replies

There was some slight concern last week that the baby wasn't growing well.  I feel over the last week that he has jumped up considerably, but people are still telling me that I do not look as big as I should be at this stage. 

I think I appear average. I have now gained 12 lbs.  It has been so long since I have been pregnant, that I really don't remember what I felt or looked like at this stage with my other pregnancies. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4weeman
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Each belly is different! You look great!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kryptomom
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM

It's not the size of your belly, it's the size of the baby.  Has the dr. done measurments?  Has the dr. done ultrasound?

beethann
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:16 AM
This

Quoting kryptomom:

It's not the size of your belly, it's the size of the baby.  Has the dr. done measurments?  Has the dr. done ultrasound?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM

We may check size and position by u/s next week.  The baby feels small to me when I push around.  Last week, I was measuring 2-3 weeks behind.  This week, I measured right on time.  He keeps going into some weird position that seems to be throwing my measurements off and my stomach literally disappears to where I look 20 weeks pregnant.  It has been strange.

Quoting kryptomom:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Looks normal to me.
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
I looked about that size at 38 weeks with both babies. You look kind of like you have a long torso like me.... only I gained 35 lbs by my due date lol.... I was all boobs and butt rolol.
uriahadel
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM
My belly is usually huge by that time, but each and every pregnant belly is different. What may be normal for me may not be normal for you and vice versa. As long as the baby is still moving with a heartbeat and the doctors don't see anything wrong then you are fine:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mazi184
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Wow you look tiny! I looked like I had a basketball in my shirt lol. I think you're just carrying different. are his little feet in your ribs at all?
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:27 AM

No, he hasn't kicked up there at all. I can't really figure out what his position is.  He still feels like he is all over the place which also tells me he may be on the small side.  Or, I just have an extra large uterus after having so many kiddos...lol.  He is swimming around freely still.

Quoting Mazi184:

Wow you look tiny! I looked like I had a basketball in my shirt lol. I think you're just carrying different. are his little feet in your ribs at all?

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:28 AM
When I went in to deliver I was told that I didn't even look all that pregnant. LOL. Everyone carries differently, so as long as baby is growing, there isn't any worry.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)