Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have foodstamps and wouldn't need them if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

They didn't take so much out of DH's check each week....We are a family of 5 and get 250 a month in food stamps, however I figured out last night if the IRS did not take out roughly 462.00 a month from DH's paycheck we would do just find and not need any help!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

You realize that everyone else gets taxes taken out of their checks too and most of us don't get PA  right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM
why do you keep acting like I am talking about you and making this all about YOU?

first of all I said a lot of women I know felt that way, and then I stated my opinion about how I felt from my own experience. I still never once said working mom's suck. I also haven't resorted to calling you names.

actually I was establishing my career when a group of co-workers that didn't like me ganged up on me and got me fired because I was making them look bad by actually doing my job. I got raped a couple months later when I went on a date, and got pregnant. I don't believe in killing unborn children so I kept mine. I went to college and graduated, yet everywhere I have applied wants 2 to 4 years prior experience in the jobs I am applying for.

the only job that would hire me was a minimum wage job that had nothing to do with what I went to college for. but it was a job, so I took it. that's how I could earn so little. I was fired from that job because I got sick and even with a doctor's note, I missed too many days.

are you done assuming you know all about my situation, or are you going to continue to insult me when you are choosing to make this all about you and not actually comprehending what I am saying?

Quoting macbudsmom:

Well you are clearly stating  it is your opinion that working moms only raise their child on weekends.  Which is a crock of shit.  Providing for your child is part of raising them.  Getting them up in the morning, dressing them, feeding them, taking them to school or daycare, picking them up, feeding them, doing homework, playtime, cleaning, etc... is all part of raising them.  Just because I am not there for 9 hours a day doesn't mean I am not raising them dumb ass.

And why the hell can you only earn such a small income?  Guessing you didn't bother to get a higher education or establish a career prior to brining a kid into this world.  Good decision, huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

well in order for me to work a 40 hour week, my child would have to be in daycare for about 50 hours a week. the only daycares around here charge at least 300 a week to watch a kid. any money I make would go to paying someone to raise my child from 8am to 6pm, and if I was lucky, id get maybe 50 dollars out of working 40 hours a week. id get maybe 20 hours during the week to spend with my awake child- about 4 hours a day, and then the weekend with my child. well, actually every other weekend.

I was a working mom. my paycheck went to paying someone else to raise my child during the week.

that is my opinion. nowhere in my opinion am I saying working moms suck. so, again, fuck off with your comment putting words in my mouth.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Well then anon what did you mean when you said..."pay someonelse to raise their kids?"

I work & raise my kids.  No one does it for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do not put words in my mouth. There is NO working mom's suck spiel in my comment, so fuck off with your stupid reply.

Quoting macbudsmom:

lol And here we go with the working moms suck speil...

But thats not what this post is about...  so back to the subject at hand... If someone has never worked, that means they were irresponsible and had kids before they established themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, and unless there was some injury preventing you from working, most employers expect you to be working from the time you graduate to the time you apply at their establishment.

a lot of women I know would rather stay at home with their child/children instead of going to work and basically giving up that paycheck to pay someone else to raise their kids.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Adults should have some work history.

Quoting Anonymous:

because they're in high school. it's perfectly fine for them to have no work history. it's not ok for an adult to have no work history.

Quoting macbudsmom:

So how do high school kids get hired?

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

I know right!

The past few I was looking for a job since my Dh was injured at work and couldn't work. Not a damn soul would hire me because I have been a SAHM for over 4 years, everyone said it was because I had no work history for the past years.

It's not as easy as some people think it is.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe daycare costs would be more than she would make. Damn! Some of you people responding should not ASSume she can just go get a job

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by Brandi on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
Im not worried about a job now.... im tossing around taking babysitting here and there and opening a home daycare once my children are in school. I also have a small baby blanket sewing business but it doesnt bring in much just enough to keep me entertained lol since sewing for me is very relaxing. Ive been a sahm for 4 years now and even with the struggles before now I wouldnt trade it for the world.

Quoting Anonymous:

I also spent 3.5 years as a sahm for my child and exdh's 4 kids. It took me 6 months to find a job, but then I lost it because I was sick for 3 weeks straight. My boyfriend gave me the idea to say I was a self employed child care provider for those 3.5 years. It's not a lie, and it keeps you from having that huge gap between employment.

Quoting Barronbaby:

Even with work experience under their belts moms who were sahm for a long period of time are often passed over for jobs. Ive been denied jobs for 3 years because I have 3 years of no work experience, but before that 3 year period I had worked 8 years in child care, and 3 years in customer service. Unfortunately those years didnt count because a lot of employers are looking for the most recent employment. Doesnt matter in my case since dh got a huge raise which made being a sahm without struggling possible.... I now babysit on the side and started a small business for extra money for our vactation savings.

Quoting macbudsmom:

But thats not what this post is about...  so back to the subject at hand... If someone has never worked, that means they were irresponsible and had kids before they established themselves.

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah, and unless there was some injury preventing you from working, most employers expect you to be working from the time you graduate to the time you apply at their establishment.

a lot of women I know would rather stay at home with their child/children instead of going to work and basically giving up that paycheck to pay someone else to raise their kids.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

because they're in high school. it's perfectly fine for them to have no work history. it's not ok for an adult to have no work history.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

I know right!

The past few I was looking for a job since my Dh was injured at work and couldn't work. Not a damn soul would hire me because I have been a SAHM for over 4 years, everyone said it was because I had no work history for the past years.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe daycare costs would be more than she would make. Damn! Some of you people responding should not ASSume she can just go get a job

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

What Im saying is, after daycare costs and other expenses relating to work,like increase gas, clothing and such all she would have left over is $100 for food. Its not worth it.

Quoting SommelierMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, get a job, lose fs benifits, pay for daycare and have an extra 100 a month left over!!

I know you're trying to be snarky, but you're failing.  This is exactly what they should do.  They'll hypothetically have an extra $100 a month, gain work experience a/o raises and take care of their own family.  Why is this such a foreign concept these days?

It's only not "worth" being able to provide for your own family to entitled scumbags.

mich.el.le
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Do you get a big tax refund at the end of the year? Have your dh redo his W2.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I agree. Something is up that sounds like a big amount for being considered low income.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

bump to read later

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

No you didn't call me a name, but you did tell me to f*** off a couple of times.  lol

Quoting Anonymous:

why do you keep acting like I am talking about you and making this all about YOU?

first of all I said a lot of women I know felt that way, and then I stated my opinion about how I felt from my own experience. I still never once said working mom's suck. I also haven't resorted to calling you names.

actually I was establishing my career when a group of co-workers that didn't like me ganged up on me and got me fired because I was making them look bad by actually doing my job. I got raped a couple months later when I went on a date, and got pregnant. I don't believe in killing unborn children so I kept mine. I went to college and graduated, yet everywhere I have applied wants 2 to 4 years prior experience in the jobs I am applying for.

the only job that would hire me was a minimum wage job that had nothing to do with what I went to college for. but it was a job, so I took it. that's how I could earn so little. I was fired from that job because I got sick and even with a doctor's note, I missed too many days.

are you done assuming you know all about my situation, or are you going to continue to insult me when you are choosing to make this all about you and not actually comprehending what I am saying?

Quoting macbudsmom:

Well you are clearly stating  it is your opinion that working moms only raise their child on weekends.  Which is a crock of shit.  Providing for your child is part of raising them.  Getting them up in the morning, dressing them, feeding them, taking them to school or daycare, picking them up, feeding them, doing homework, playtime, cleaning, etc... is all part of raising them.  Just because I am not there for 9 hours a day doesn't mean I am not raising them dumb ass.

And why the hell can you only earn such a small income?  Guessing you didn't bother to get a higher education or establish a career prior to brining a kid into this world.  Good decision, huh?

Quoting Anonymous:

well in order for me to work a 40 hour week, my child would have to be in daycare for about 50 hours a week. the only daycares around here charge at least 300 a week to watch a kid. any money I make would go to paying someone to raise my child from 8am to 6pm, and if I was lucky, id get maybe 50 dollars out of working 40 hours a week. id get maybe 20 hours during the week to spend with my awake child- about 4 hours a day, and then the weekend with my child. well, actually every other weekend.

I was a working mom. my paycheck went to paying someone else to raise my child during the week.

that is my opinion. nowhere in my opinion am I saying working moms suck. so, again, fuck off with your comment putting words in my mouth.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Well then anon what did you mean when you said..."pay someonelse to raise their kids?"

I work & raise my kids.  No one does it for me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do not put words in my mouth. There is NO working mom's suck spiel in my comment, so fuck off with your stupid reply.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

I know right!

Quoting Anonymous:

Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I asked for minium wage, I'm not a greedy person. I just wanted to go to work.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

I'm not from a bid city. RV capitol of the world, at least it was at one point. There's tons of jobs but no one wants to start out making 10-14 an hour. Most want to start out where they were before at 16-25 an hour and it's not going to happen

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

Lol. Sometimes it makes me want to move back to the big city we are from.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Here you can't throw a rock without hitting somewhere that's hiring.

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

It is here, I live on an island and there isn't many places that are hiring. So to find a job you have to drive to mainland, and IF you can find a minimum wage job there you are lucky to break even after buying gas.

Quoting macbudsmom:

The economy has picked back up and employment opportunities are more available then they were  2 years ago.  Can't imagine its that hard to get a job in fast food or retail.

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

The hell if I know.

I have tried since Nov. to get a job, I gave up looking since my Dh can go back to work now. But it's not easy for everyone to run out and get a job.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

I know right!

Quoting Anonymous:

Islandmom2boys
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:29 PM

We have a year left and our house will be paid for, there is no way I would lose what we have put into this place. Plus I don't any family left in Atlanta, so my kids would lose their family if we moved and I would never do that to my children.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Whats preventing you from moving?

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

Lol. Sometimes it makes me want to move back to the big city we are from.

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Here you can't throw a rock without hitting somewhere that's hiring.

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

It is here, I live on an island and there isn't many places that are hiring. So to find a job you have to drive to mainland, and IF you can find a minimum wage job there you are lucky to break even after buying gas.

Quoting macbudsmom:

The economy has picked back up and employment opportunities are more available then they were  2 years ago.  Can't imagine its that hard to get a job in fast food or retail.

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

The hell if I know.

I have tried since Nov. to get a job, I gave up looking since my Dh can go back to work now. But it's not easy for everyone to run out and get a job.

Quoting macbudsmom:

Quoting Islandmom2boys:

I know right!

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)