Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have foodstamps and wouldn't need them if...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

They didn't take so much out of DH's check each week....We are a family of 5 and get 250 a month in food stamps, however I figured out last night if the IRS did not take out roughly 462.00 a month from DH's paycheck we would do just find and not need any help!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
well your still low income, they base your FS off of gross pay, not after taxes!
FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Yea we would all have more money if we didn't have to pay federal taxes.

However you are a citizen of these united states, and as such you should pay your taxes and appreciate the freedoms you get for it.

FooLynRoo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM

And you do realize Federal income tax is not the only taxes being withheld.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, get a job, lose fs benifits, pay for daycare and have an extra 100 a month left over!!
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:10 AM

So you don't want to pay taxes?  I'm confused. Are you including unemployment, social security, and state/counting taxes in that sum?

I hope you aren't getting a tax refund.  If you are, you are not claiming enough dependents so you are overpaying.  Overpayment takes money out of your family's pocket.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM

$462/month isn't much at all.  They took $956 out of mine this month.

But, what you need to consider is...  Do you get a big refund each year?  If so, he should change his exemptions so that he gets less taken out each paycheck.  You can also request advance EIC payments which would increase his take home pay and help you get off food stamps.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

That isn't much.  Sounds like minimum wage.

Quoting Megan11587:

I'm not buying that at all. If you make enough to pay that much monthly, you aren't qualifying for aid.

Megan11587
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I make $45000 and don't pay that much in federal taxes monthly.  They withhold at a single rate with no deductions.

Quoting Anonymous:

That isn't much.  Sounds like minimum wage.

Quoting Megan11587:

I'm not buying that at all. If you make enough to pay that much monthly, you aren't qualifying for aid.

macbudsmom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I did the math and you could work 10 hours/week at minimum wage to earn that $250 yourself.

Why not do that?

Megan11587
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Total duductions, I understand that.  She's saying federal taxes.  That's a lot for just federal taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

$462/month isn't much at all.  They took $956 out of mine this month.

But, what you need to consider is...  Do you get a big refund each year?  If so, he should change his exemptions so that he gets less taken out each paycheck.  You can also request advance EIC payments which would increase his take home pay and help you get off food stamps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)