Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why anonymous?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
  • 26 Replies
I'm new to this group, and I noticed that a lot of people post anonymously. I was just wondering why? You are behind a computer anyway. Isn't that anonymous? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just curious. Is there a reason for it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM
4 moms liked this

I think it may be because some OPs get crazy when  they don't like a reply. They do things like message them BS or taunt them in other posts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Because the women on this site are crazy...literally. They'll follow you to every post/reply you make, find out your personal info, contact your spouse and other family members, post where your kids go to school, and the lovely list goes on. No thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Why not?

southernbelle07
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
So, maybe its just so the op can't confront a poster with a mean message? For example, sending a nasty private message, maybe? I guess that makes sense. Seems kind of cowardly, though. If you want to make nasty comments, you should be able to deal with the nastiness in return...

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I think it may be because some OPs get crazy when  they don't like a reply. They do things like message them BS or taunt them in other posts.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernbelle07
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Really?! Wow. That is crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because the women on this site are crazy...literally. They'll follow you to every post/reply you make, find out your personal info, contact your spouse and other family members, post where your kids go to school, and the lovely list goes on. No thanks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

the only time i post anonymously is if i'm telling a story about someone who could possibly be a member.  i'd hate to talk about the nastiest bath tub i've ever seen & the owner of it see the post.  otherwise, i use my own SN.  my life's not really juicy enough to require anonymity.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Sometimes, I just like to. 

HousewifeNina
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
You are going on the assumption that everyone here is normal and socially adept. You would be incorrect.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
There are some crazy ass pitbull mean women on here. Going Anon levels out the playing field.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Unfortunately it happens A LOT. I've been a member for a few years now and these women scare the shit out of me. The list of stalkerish crap that goes on would make your stomach churn. There are women who have files on their computers full of every post/reply certain members make. Who the hell has time for that other than a psycho?!! I know that some anons just troll around but it's the safest route IMO.

Quoting southernbelle07:

Really?! Wow. That is crazy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)