Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Getting Pregnant vs Trying to Get Pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, me and my husband were out last night looking at cars and we had our 11 week old daughter with us. While my husband was looking at a car, I started making small talk with the salesman. He asked how old the baby was, and I told him. He said that he and his wife were trying....ugh, I already knew where this was going. He said that she is almost 35, and there had been some complications, and they are now going through the what next process. It just made me feel sooo bad. I NEVER wanted children, if you asked me I would tell you that I hated them, and having one was NOT on my to-do list. I took my mirena out last January, and got pregnant in February. Why in the world does it seem like people who really do want babies, can't? It seems like the cookie cutter couples, with a great life and that have only the world to give to a baby have the worst time trying to concieve. Like I said, it just made me feel so horrific inside, becasue I struggled with depression during my pregnancy, I was resentful....and here is this nice man and all they want is a baby. 

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
krodden87
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Ive been there. On both sides actually. :-( i just hope that there is a plan for everybody whether they have kids or not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I was like you then got pregnant. Dh and I were apply but more shocked. Now we look cookie cutter. Great house, cars, vacations.   That's life.

MommyAddie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I've wondered the same thing. It took me YEARS to get pregnant. I have two adopted children and they are no less my kids than the baby, but I wanted to BE pregnant. I finally got to, but what a fricken struggle and heartbreak. I watched many friends have babies, and in most cases I thought it should've been my turn first, lol. I actually didn't get pregnant until I stopped trying. Now we're trying again and it sucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My husband & I are in the nice man's situation. It is hard seeing people getting pregnant who do not want the babies...

CutieCrab
by Jen on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Everything happens for a reason. IMO

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I really don't know - it's like God's sense of humor or something.  For a lot of folks, really wanting a baby is the best contraception.  For other people, not wanting a baby or bad timing are like the world's strongest fertility drugs. 

I was very happy about my pregnancy, but our timing was off by about a year. 

butterflymama21
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Wow I never say it on someone's else's point of view before :) I usually hear it the other way around.That the women is ttc she is sad,depressed that she is having trouble waiting to ttc. I do think adoption Is a beautiful thing for not able to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)