Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

5 cop cars and an ambulance came to my dad's home last night, step brother got arrested

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

This is just too crazy, so I deleted my last post to go anon out of respect for my dad and his fiance.

Long story short, my step brother, we'll call Davie, called dh last night mumbling something about getting kicked out and the superbowl, and something about my dad. We assumed at the time that he was drunk, and I called my dad to check on him. He told me that Davie was strung out on something but they didn't know what. Before he hung up he said not to worry because they locked the bedroom door and were sleeping with a pistol under the bed. Like I'm not supposed to worry after hearing that?! When I woke up this morning, I checked fb while feeding dd and saw a post asking about 5 police cars and an ambulance on my dad's street. The whole time I'm praying that it's totally just a coincidence and my dad didn't shoot his fiance's son. God that woman has been through enough.

I finally got to talk to Dad and his fiance. It's so much worse than I thought. Her son was calling her ex making threats that he was going to stab them with a butcher knife while they were sleeping and then kill himself. Thankfully, her ex kept calling her and her friends until someone was able to call the cops. When the cops arrived, he was fighting everyone off (with a broken leg) until someone was able to get him in the ambulance and take him to get evaluated. I can't believe this shit actually happened. That guy's a psycho and NEEDS TO GO. I don't know if he was bluffing or not, but the thought of losing my dad scares me so much. I'm just so grateful that he's still here.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Just to let others who commented on the previous post know that my dad is safe. Thanks for your support in helping me stay calm while I tried to figure out what was going on.

skittlebeans88
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Scary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
That's some crazy stuff glad your dads safe!
gypsy_rose
by Kandy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM
That is crazy! How is his mom and yoir dad doing?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eagle293
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Wow
Trixi.VonLace
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I am so glad your.dad is ok. I.hope your SB gets the help he needs.
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Wow!!!

I'm glad everyone is safe now.
Hopefully that guy can get some damn help.
babie113
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

holy shit i hope he gets the help he needs

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Dad is claiming he's fine, but of course I can't stop worrying about his heart. I called my stepmom to check on her, and she can't stop beating herself up and blaming herself for how her son turned out. She sounded really freaked out on the phone, but assured me that he's not coming back. I couldn't imagine as a mother how hard something like that would be.

Quoting gypsy_rose:

That is crazy! How is his mom and yoir dad doing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Me too. I feel bad for saying it, but I think he's a lost cause. He's been to AA, rehab, mental institutions, and jail. He'll be fine for a little while, and then just goes back to being self destructive.

Quoting babie113:

holy shit i hope he gets the help he needs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN