Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one whose DH does this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
My DH doesn't mind grocery shopping. He's pretty good at it, except for one thing. Sometimes he'll get a different product then what I asked him to get, and says, "I thought you would like this better."

Um. No. I asked for a specific item. That means you get it. Not something you think I'll like better.

Lol! Does anyone else's DH do that?

Yes, I grocery shop too. Sometimes I stay home because I don't want to go shopping. This isn't something he does all the time, if it was I would just get it myself.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:22 AM

No we do grocery shopping together... I have never had to do it solo unless he was deployed or something.

LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

No but only because I do the grocery shopping. 

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Mine doesn't, he actually will call me when he gets to the store, so I can give him exact directions to what I want, and half the time, he asks me to send him a pic so he knows what the packaging looks like.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My dh hates to grocery shop. On the rare occasion he goes. He does but shit I wouldn't. I never say a word because I'm afraid he would say screw it you do it instead.

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I almost always grocery shop by myself, but he does something similar. I ask him to pick up ONE thing on the way home from work and he comes home with several bags of things he "thought I would like". LOL

EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM
My husband does ALL the shopping. Hahaha. I hate shopping. I mean I would if I had to. But he has always taken care of it. We always go together buy he gets everything we need. I just put stuff on lists when they run out.
Seriously though. My husband is obsessed with getting the best price on everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by LoKitty on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I don't let my DH grocery shop... he ends up skipping everything I can eat and then I have to go back out anyway. He also buys junk for the kiddo and forgets to check and see what dyes (if any) are in the food we feed the little guy

Crashmonster1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Im the grocery shopper actually my 6 year old daughter usually makes the grocery list (her choice) and then I buy what she has listed and anything else that I think is needed.  Usually the hubs is at work

PeaceLoveZ
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM

My honey isn't allowed to do the grocery shopping, he wouldn't want to anyways. I've banned him from going with me!

ksueditz
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine too! Or I send an empty package w/, b/c he has messed up in the past.

Quoting AHmom103:

Mine doesn't, he actually will call me when he gets to the store, so I can give him exact directions to what I want, and half the time, he asks me to send him a pic so he knows what the packaging looks like.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured