Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To moms who refused the epideral

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: would you give your baby a pain medicine that has shown to be so addictive?

Options:

yes

no

i would try "natural" pain relievers

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 4

View Results

because you didnt want your baby to be "drugged up".
i on the other hand am all for pain meds as long as you dont abuse them.

well the whole point isnt to bash. thats not what im doing my sil had a c section and refused the pain meds after because she was breast feeding. and on monday my 5 month old had surgery it was very important to me and my husband that our baby wasnt in pain. he had anestic and a spinal block as well as a local. after surgery they prescribed liquid hydrocodone for our baby, the same thing my sil refuseed to take.

my question is if you did want your baby to be drugged during delivery how would you feel about your baby needing the medication herself for pain would you refuse to give it to your baby?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
superm0m877
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:26 AM

If my baby had to have surgery, absolutely. I am all for avoiding meds if possible, but something like that you just need the extra help. That is what it is for. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I wouldn't want my baby to be in pain.

I think that a baby getting surgery and being born are two different situations

Plus the epidural doesn't stop pain for the baby during birth. It's just a spinal block for the mom. However, if she took pain meds during delivery the baby could potentially feel some of the effects from it, but they couldn't get addicted just from having them during birth.
towerjunkie1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:29 AM
They get pain meds. My refusal of the epidural wasn't because of my baby being drugged. It was because I made a promise to God that if he allowed me to give birth naturally(I have herpes) that I would do it all natural the way he intended. He allowed me and so I followed through.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:34 AM

I declined narcotic painkillers after my csections, but I would not deny them to my kids...most are only addictive when overused and the kids would not have unfettered access to them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)