Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Frost Bite

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 3 Replies
It is REALLY cold today-30 before you add the wind chill. Dh had to take care of the cows this morning, he was outside for an hour. He wore his super warm gear and was cold but okay, then the truck wouldn't start so he was outside for another 20 minutes charging it (car wouldn't start either) he got the truck started came in and warmed up. He left for school and halfway there the engine in the truck blew. My car still wasn't starting so he had to call a friend to come help him. He sat for 45 minutes with out his warm gear. He did have a blanket. When he got home he wanted to change into boots. His fingers were so cold I had to lace and tie his boots. I noticed his fingers were white and begged him to go to the hospital to get checked out. He refused and his friend drove him to school. I am super worried about him! It is so cold I cannot imagine how much his hands and feet hurt right now. I am worried he got frost bite and is going to have permanent damage because he wouldn't get it check out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

silly men!!!!! i also live where it gets that cold, in sask, canada, and all i can say is he is a grown man. if it hurts real bad he will go in. i know i have gotten slightly frostbitten ears before, they never fell off lol

ALWsMomma
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:36 AM
I am about 4 miles from the Canadian border.
It is funny you mention the ears. He got frost bite on his in High school so he has no feeling in them and they are always red.
He is a grown man but he doesn't consider the long term effects of not caring for his body

Quoting D.O.E.:

silly men!!!!! i also live where it gets that cold, in sask, canada, and all i can say is he is a grown man. if it hurts real bad he will go in. i know i have gotten slightly frostbitten ears before, they never fell off lol

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:39 AM

they never do lol

Quoting ALWsMomma:

I am about 4 miles from the Canadian border.
It is funny you mention the ears. He got frost bite on his in High school so he has no feeling in them and they are always red.
He is a grown man but he doesn't consider the long term effects of not caring for his body

Quoting D.O.E.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)