Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So ... y'all remember my issues with the busybody downstairs?

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM
  • 15 Replies
2 moms liked this
Well now that we've booted our roommate (who was a major source of a lot of our problems I now realize) she's been quiet and civil. She and husband have talked a lot and she watches The BoyChild on a regular basis. He plays with her grandkids and they have a great time. Last night I got home and it turns out it was "neighborhood Taco night", the firepit was lit in the front yard, there were about a dozen chairs around, and I got to really sit and relax. I managed to sit right next to her (thanks to my husband whom I'm pretty sure arranged it that way on purpose) and we all had an amazing time. The kids were playing in the yard, the adults were sitting around the fire chatting and telling stories. And one of the neighbors went out and got a bottle of Jack and some Coke (cola, not cocaine). There were drinks and after the kids went to bed the smoke came out. There were seriously like 5 pipes going around at once, I've never seen anything like it. . I had such a good time I didn't get to bed until midnight.
I told the neighbor, thank you, and I was surprised to find that I meant it. I may not have liked the way she went about it, but she's really helped to bring the neighborhood together.

So, to all of you who told me to stop being a bitch to the poor woman who just wanted to live in a peaceful neighborhood. Thank you too. She's really nice, and I'm grateful to have a new friend, and a blossoming of our community.

Life is good, and the Goddess has blessed me. )0(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarakay0417
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Glad everything worked out.
AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Thanks. I think it's the beginning of a really nice community that we've surrounded ourselves with. It makes me happy to know that The Boy has some friends to play with too.

Quoting tarakay0417:

Glad everything worked out.
angevil53
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Good for you two. Showing a good example of getting along for the kids. No comment on the smoke.
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM

sounds like summertime here in our town :-) nice, isnt it?

Beenhereforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM
That's awesome. I have had that many pipes and then some going around before... ( before kids. ) I'm glad you found a new friend.
AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'm glad we were able to clear the air, so to speak.

Quoting angevil53:

Good for you two. Showing a good example of getting along for the kids. No comment on the smoke.
AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
It is nice. I've always suffered from Social Anxiety, and where I grew up we didn't really get to know most of our neighbors. This is like a whole new experience to me. It's beautiful.

Quoting D.O.E.:

2metalbabies
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I was just going to say that. I love summertime, always getting together with friends and letting the kids run til its time for bed. Not to mention the fact that we all take turns hosting and cooking. I can't wait.
Glad you had fun

Quoting D.O.E.:

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Me too. I don't think we'll be going out for manicures anytime soon, but I'm just happy to know that I don't have to walk home from the bus dreading the possibility that she's outside and I'm going to have to interact with her.

Quoting Beenhereforever:

That's awesome. I have had that many pipes and then some going around before... ( before kids. ) I'm glad you found a new friend.
AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Thanks! I think it's going to be a GREAT summer. :o)

Quoting 2metalbabies:

I was just going to say that. I love summertime, always getting together with friends and letting the kids run til its time for bed. Not to mention the fact that we all take turns hosting and cooking. I can't wait.

Glad you had fun

Quoting D.O.E.:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)