Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guily confession...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I feel horrible.

Back story - back in 2008 I fell completely head over heels in love with a guy. I swear it was love at first site. Our relationship blossomed and we moved in together. I would have done anything for him. I thought we were happy. Then one day he forgot to pick me up at work. Then he wouldn't answer his phone. Three days go by and finally he comes home on a Harley. Telling he needed space and wanted me to move out. He said he wanted to focus on school and work. Obviously he was seeing someone else. I was blinded by love and thought he could never do that. Once I foun out I went into a spiral if depression.

I couldn't get over this guy to save my life. Not to mention he kept sneaking back in. Through text just coming over, stopping by my work, blah blah. He talked me into dating again. I did. I caught him texting the girl he was also seeing. Ok. Three chances and a trip to the mental hospital and I was done with him.

I still couldn't get him out of my head. That was until I had my son. He was born August 2011. I was happy and in love. My DH and I are in love, sometime passionately sometimes just comfortable. Idk I love my DH. But it's not the crazy kind of love like it was with my ex.

So my ex contacted me on fb an said we were always meant to be together. He wants to go get coffee. I told him that I am happy where I am now and I have no desire to see him. I thought I had blocked him but he must have created a new profile.

I blocked him. But this guy is in my thoughts now I am having dreams about him as well. I haven't done anything wrong, but I feel like I have. This guy broke my heart over and over again. He once told me you have to break a heart to be able to keep it forever.

I am happy where I am now. I have a loving family. I know DH would never cheat on me. He is safe. If I am happy now, why do I keep thinking about the other guy?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acbbsmama
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:44 AM

You are most likely focusing on the good times which make you keep thinking about him. You are in a good place in your life, focus on that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Mega bump!!!!
Bandonsbug
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Emotions are hateful sometimes.  Just keep fighting the feelings if you are happy with your DH now. 

cmendoza316
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:46 AM
4 moms liked this

Your thinking of the " what ifs"... and to be honest and blunt with you. The " what ifs" alreay happened. He left you, cheated, and lied. There isnt anything left !!   You moved on too a real man and my suggestion to you would be.. Count your blessings, and look at what you have now. 

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
4 moms liked this
Read your post.

CRAZY kind of love with your ex. Operative word is CRAZY. Do not fall for that BS anymore.

You're thinking about him because your entire idea of how perfect he is and in love with him you are is a false fantasy. Your mind is playing tricks on you. Don't let it win.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ericaaf
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM

this....

Quoting cmendoza316:

Your thinking of the " what ifs"... and to be honest and blunt with you. The " what ifs" alreay happened. He left you, cheated, and lied. There isnt anything left !!   You moved on too a real man and my suggestion to you would be.. Count your blessings, and look at what you have now. 

CutieCrab
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Because he keeps contacting you. Tell him if he doesn't stop, you'll report him for harrassment.  It sounds like he just doesnt want you with anyone else, but he doesn't wanna be with you either.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Thanks that is helpful.

Quoting TigOlBitties:

Read your post.

CRAZY kind of love with your ex. Operative word is CRAZY. Do not fall for that BS anymore.

You're thinking about him because your entire idea of how perfect he is and in love with him you are is a false fantasy. Your mind is playing tricks on you. Don't let it win.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Best advice couldnt have said it better.

Quoting cmendoza316:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN