Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Yes i'm going to whine But need advice sick baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My 9mo old is really sick he hasn't slept more then 4 hours in 2 days which means i haven't slept more then 2 hours in 2 day's he can't keep anything down his temp keep's going between 101 and 103.3. I'm beyond tired and stressed to the max. He has a doctors appt at 3:30. Is there anything i can do to help him sleep better or can i give him something safe he could keep down? I need a break before i lose my mind. MIL is coming tomorrow to give us a day off but for now i am home with 2 toddlers who don't listen and a very sick cranky baby.....HELP PLEASE
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-_-
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM
You will survive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Just talk to his doctors. They'll be able to give you the best advice.

My-mono-twins
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hot bath and a rocking chair, maybe some warm milk to....it will get better dont stress:) I wouldn't let the fever get to high like that though its dangerous!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:20 AM
We put cool.washcloths on baby' s with high fevers. As for something safe have tried simply water. When dd was sick.as.a baby she only drank water and managed.to keep it down. Small down side she managed to make liars out of the luvs people as she peed through all of her diapers. Also may have to add small amount of sugar. Hope this helps.hugs and hope lo feels better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Have you tried Tylenol or Motrin for the fever? The fever is the body's way of fighting off infection, so when my kids are sick I usually let it run its course...unless, the fever gets too high. But if my kids are super uncomfortable I will give them a fever reducer before bed so they can sleep a bit better.

Does your baby eat table foods? If not, try some applesauce. If so, maybe some bread or a waffle or something. Bananas...as for liquids, just keep nursing or formula feeding as much as baby wants. Keep offering. Good luck, I hope your baby feels better soon!

xpectingmama10
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I gave dd Pedialyte when she was that age from being so sick and Luke warm baths and I just held her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Go get some pedialyte, give one oz per hour for at least 24 hrs of no vomiting. From there slowly reintroduce, start with easy foods, apple sauce or pears, then milk, then milk and light meals, and finally a normal schedule. Infant motrin for the fever.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:33 AM
He's been getting motrin and tylenol as needed for his fever we have done luke warm baths. He can't keep water or pedialyte down. Hopefully this isn't the flu
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:41 AM
take his clothes off and take him to the ER his fever is too high
ameraznkimko
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:48 PM

You should try to get some essential oils that way you can have them on and next time. I use them whenever some one gets sick in my family and they really help. Peppermint is really good at bringing downn temperatures, and Lavender or a blend called Peace and Calm can be applied to the bottom of feet to aid in sleep. Diffusing a blend called Thieves can kill bacteria and viruses in the air. There are a number of essential oils that you can use, including for yourself that you can use to calm you down as well. I know its kind of tough giving you suggestions with essential oils if you don thave them but you can use it for the future. I dont have a problem of anyone in the family getting really sick since starting because as soon as I use them they heal much faster.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN