Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my dh is having an affair

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
Please tell me I'm paranoid. Right before Christmas, my dh hired a new assistant. She is gorgeous. Everything I am not. She tall and shapely, I'm short and fat. She's black with the most beautiful features I've ever seen, and I'm just your average frompy white lady.
My husband has to travel a lot for business. He's been gone since Sunday and won't be home until this coming Monday or Tuesday. I was out and about today and I saw my husband's car. She was driving it. She did not see me. I texted my husband about it and he said that he let her borrow his car while he is away since hers is in the shop. But why wouldn't he tell me beforehand? Also he doesn't ask for sex anymore. We usually have sex maybe once a week. Now, its maybe once a month. He says because he knows I'm not in the mood. But that never stopped him before.

Am I being paranoid or does it sound like he's cheating?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I would wonder why he let her use his car without at least mentioning it to you. It would make me think to check cell records.

Photo: -Randi.Photo

audreesmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I would talk to him before I jumped to conclusions. A lot of things can explain the lack of sex. I would talk to him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
always2012
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

SOUND FISHY! AND I DON'T MEAN HER! ;-)

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

you're being paranoid. Relax and do not accuse him unless you have proof.

ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmmm....

I would be pissed if my husband allowed someone to use his car.
audreesmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
If he was away at work and she just needed to run a few errands, I don't see why he would tell her. I have let both male and female friends borrow my car with no issues and rarely tell Dh. It's in my name and I pay the insurance. It's his car, op.

Quoting brettsmomma:

I would wonder why he let her use his car without at least mentioning it to you. It would make me think to check cell records.

navewife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
2 moms liked this
It does sound suspicious....there is another group on cafemom called detective wives club......join it there is alot of help and support. Whatever you do do NOT let on that you suspect!!!
PitbullPrincess
by Woof on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM
2 moms liked this

First, He should have told you he loaned out the car while he was away.  I would be pissed if I found out like that.  Second, it's not proof or indication he's cheating, but I'd keep an eye on it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM

audreesmama
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Yep. Borrowing a car and getting older, not wanting sex as much isn't a big deal.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

you're being paranoid. Relax and do not accuse him unless you have proof.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured