Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

...and this is what my son gets

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 3 Replies
2 moms liked this

Aww, my son(8) achieved his blue belt.

Here's a video of him and his coach training, he has a muay thai fight coming up March 2nd.

Join the Beautiful Creatures group!
Discuss the books and movies
http://www.cafemom.com/group/beautifulcreatures

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lanceandhailey
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:20 PM

BUMP!

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Nice job! My ten year old brother (I am his guardian) does MMA. He just started a couple months ago and they are not allowed to test for higher belts until after certain time periods, so he's still a white belt right now, but he can test for a stripe in a couple weeks and his trainer said that with his skill level so far there's no reason why he shouldn't be able to move up as long as he keeps his behavior up in school, which is a good incentive for him. It's at least six years before he can test for a black belt and then once he's an adult he has to be retested to be re ranked in the adult skill level, but he seems pretty committed to it so I think he will stick with it.

lancet98
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this

WOW is that kid good!

One thing I noticed about practicing with a tall opponent who is accomodating a shorter opponent by putting HIS hands down lower...it makes the kid put his hands down lower, too, they mirror the visual picture they see.  The coach keeps reminding him to keep his hands up though, so it works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN