Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I wrong for being pissed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
So my bday is Super Bowl Sunday and my bf's friends is on the 7th. I kinda assumed sat when I got off work we would hang out, but he said he was going out sat to take his friend out for his bday. It pissed me off because u can celebrate his next weekend. I didn't expect him to miss the football game but could I at least get sat? He said sorry we had been made planes to take him out, but wants me to miss a day of work during the week to hang out. I said no I can't miss work. He is acting like I'm making it a big deal and it isn't one.. Am I wrong? Should I be upset?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EthansFabMom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
3 moms liked this
Oh yes...you have every right to be highly upset!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
pennerb538
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you a child? Seriously your a grown women, you dont need a birthday party.

wife-4-life
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd be mad.
mommamaggi
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I don't celebrate my birthday anymore; I don't see the point. But if its important to you then it should be important to the person you are with. 

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM

I get it, I'd be pissed too, since your birthdays are on different weekends. Why can't he do something with you this weekend and do something next weekend with his friend? That's crappy. Plus why take a day off work if you don't have to (unless you wanted to, that's your choice of course, but you shouldn't have to unless you want to).

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
No. I think you're overreacting and being a little selfish. I understand its your birthday too but he already had the plans made with his friend first. Why can't you celebrate your birthday next weekend? It's so simple for you to say he should postpone his friends, so why can't you postpone yours?
young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I would be ticked, in my family birthdays are the one day a year it's all about you. I get as an adult it changes but it should still have something to do with you.
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
what is this party you speak of?

Quoting pennerb538:

Are you a child? Seriously your a grown women, you dont need a birthday party.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I don't celebrate my bday either, but I'd be mad too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I get it, I'd be pissed too, since your birthdays are on different weekends. Why can't he do something with you this weekend and do something next weekend with his friend? That's crappy. Plus why take a day off work if you don't have to (unless you wanted to, that's your choice of course, but you shouldn't have to unless you want to).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)