Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Kids Are Asleep! Let's Get Loaded!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

I frequently see posted here that parents get drunk or high once the kids are asleep. Not just after a drink or two, but pass out inebriated. I am also not talking about one parent getting plastered and the other is the 'designated caretaker' for the night. 

To those who say you can function fine while high/drunk, stop kidding yourselves. If you and your partner get wasted, you'd better have a responsible and sober person taking care of your kids for the night!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, Mom.

CRAZZYB23
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

want a cookie?

SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM

yeah when i hear about this type of story i too feel like - OMG get a clue - it only takes one accident for it to be the last one 

JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Interesting. I'm here a lot. Maybe too much. And I don't frequently see post of that nature. I think you are just fishing for drama, no?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I don't drink or do drugs of any kind, but if I did, I'd be afraid my kids would wake up in the middle of the night & I wouldn't be able to attend to their needs. 

mommamaggi
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

lol Why did you go anon for this? Its common sense that at least one parent be sober and able to react properly in an emergency.

Saille717
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I see posts like that, but not repeatedly by the same people.  I see nothing wrong with the occasional 'night out' at home.  If something happens people are usually better off calling 911 anyway and getting trained help.  This is not saying every weekend, but maybe once a month or something like that?  

Though when my son was younger I was too friggin tired to party.  And he's older now, so I don't worry about it. 

kali_mom
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:38 PM
I think it's pretty much common sense you don't over do having a glass of wine/ beer but it still happens and then we read about these poor babies who were injured. If you have reached your limit its time to cut yourself off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JavaLadybug2
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Well I am on here DAILY.. And yes that is too much.. I need to stop. 

But anyhow. I see the kinds of posts that OP talks about.. ALL THE TIME.. BUT MOSTLY FRIDAYS AND SATERDAYS.. Or right before a holiday ex 4th of July.

And I don't see you very much.. Just saying!

Quoting JDmommyJD:

Interesting. I'm here a lot. Maybe too much. And I don't frequently see post of that nature. I think you are just fishing for drama, no?

becky1109
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM

i have a drink once every few months if that, and yes i smoke the occasional joint but i sure as hell dont "get plastered" and i rarely see the posts ur talking about and im on here everyday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)