Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm worried no one will come

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 19 Replies
My daughter is turning 10. We are having a party for her on the 9th. We passed out invitations on Tuesday. All the girls she talked to said they were coming but no one is RSVPing. Hopefully they are waiting for the weekend. However I'm nervous that they won't. She doesn't have a party every year cuz I dont like those. I don't take her to many parties either because she says she doesn't know the kid that well. She has Aspergers though so it's really hard for her to make friends. I think that if maybe 2 or 3 kids show it will make her happy. I told her one could even spend the night and I'd take them to the movies. I don't know what ill do if no one comes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

To be on the safe side, invite family, cousin, etc.  And don't worry some people are lazy and just don't RSVP.

mama2KiraEthan
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

This.

Quoting jenmomx3:

To be on the safe side, invite family, cousin, etc.  And don't worry some people are lazy and just don't RSVP.

Threeboysemt1
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Yeah most people don't RSVP anymore
keversole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM

also, they might consider them telling her that they'll come as their RSVP

Quoting jenmomx3:

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I would also call or email the parents if  you have their numbers and just say "I'm just following up to see if you will be at "Abby's" party? I'd like to order a "cake, pizza, make food, etc" and just want to be sure I will have enough for everyone". I think following up with a friendly phonecall would be okay. and i like the "inviting a cousin or 2 idea so she has backup" idea. good luck mama!

gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM
This is what I would do also.

Quoting zomgkerrie:

I would also call or email the parents if  you have their numbers and just say "I'm just following up to see if you will be at "Abby's" party? I'd like to order a "cake, pizza, make food, etc" and just want to be sure I will have enough for everyone". I think following up with a friendly phonecall would be okay. and i like the "inviting a cousin or 2 idea so she has backup" idea. good luck mama!

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM
Well I'm only inviting one to spend the night. So I hope at least one RSVPs. I couldn't put it on that one girls invite because then the invites couldn't be sent at school plus she knows who she wants ratio spend the night but I told her that the little girl might not come and that whoever RSVPs she can pick once kid for me to call back and invite to spend the night.

Quoting keversole:

also, they might consider them telling her that they'll come as their RSVP

Quoting jenmomx3:

mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I invited family. She will be happy they came but will also notice the lack of attendance from others. I thought about inviting the child's in her swimming lessons but after 6 wks girls hardly ever stay in the same class. Its not a party to get gifts from kids she won't see anymore. I want her to make friends. School has been pretty hard this yr. I'm not sure why we have been doing therapy and counciling. They all say she's needs more friends.

Quoting gizmo538:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I understand that, my SS has aspergers too and he has the same problems making friends (he's 14 now), but what I'm saying is if you're worried no one will come then you can call them and get a head count like "zomgkerrie" suggested. Just say that you haven't heard back and you wanted to make sure you'll have enough food for everyone.

I do the same thing when planning a party because almost no one RSVP's anymore and then you have a whole bunch of people show up that you weren't expecting! Some parents may have forgotten about it or misplaced the invitation with your number and address and just need a little reminder.

Good luck to you, I hope she has a great birthday!

Quoting mamaBerg85:

I invited family. She will be happy they came but will also notice the lack of attendance from others. I thought about inviting the child's in her swimming lessons but after 6 wks girls hardly ever stay in the same class. Its not a party to get gifts from kids she won't see anymore. I want her to make friends. School has been pretty hard this yr. I'm not sure why we have been doing therapy and counciling. They all say she's needs more friends.

Quoting gizmo538:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
mamaBerg85
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Ill call the school Monday if no one RSVPs. One mom called and left a message to say her daughter CAN'T come. I feel pretty down now.

Quoting gizmo538:

I understand that, my SS has aspergers too and he has the same problems making friends (he's 14 now), but what I'm saying is if you're worried no one will come then you can call them and get a head count like "zomgkerrie" suggested. Just say that you haven't heard back and you wanted to make sure you'll have enough food for everyone.

I do the same thing when planning a party because almost no one RSVP's anymore and then you have a whole bunch of people show up that you weren't expecting! Some parents may have forgotten about it or misplaced the invitation with your number and address and just need a little reminder.

Good luck to you, I hope she has a great birthday!

Quoting mamaBerg85:

Quoting gizmo538:

Quoting zomgkerrie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)