Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

abortion......my story. EDIT.......CONFUSED SOMETIMES

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I had an abortion back in August.... I am married and my husband and I decided we couldnt have this baby right now,I dont know why but I have not felt any guilt what so ever, Ivr had a couple dreams with babies, I think about it sometimes but . I have never felt like I regret any of it.........any one can relate? Am I suppose to feel grief?

>
EDIT...I cant deny sometines when I see my husband with his children (from past marriage) I get angry at him and at them...I think like HOW COME I CANT HAVE MY BABY BUT HE CAN LET HIS EXWIFE HAVE HIS BABY? we had a small incident the other day and I asked him what to do if I got pregnant again and he just ssaid to have abortion again. And that maybe we would have a baby in two yrs I turned around and cried myself to sleep....
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:51 PM
keversole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i've been there. and i didn't think i felt guilty either but every now and then i still get really upset and pray for my baby's forgiveness and i tell them i love them and that im sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I cant deny sometines when I see my husband with his children (from past marriage) I get angry at him and at them...I think like HOW COME I CANT HAVE MY BABY BUT HE CAN LET HIS EXWIFE HAVE HIS BABY?

Quoting keversole:

i've been there. and i didn't think i felt guilty either but every now and then i still get really upset and pray for my baby's forgiveness and i tell them i love them and that im sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one 16 yrs ago and have made peace with my decision.

keversole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM

i totally understand. i was only dating the father of the baby at the time and he had a DD that we watched on the weekends. i had the exact same thoughts/feelings about it

Quoting Anonymous:

I cant deny sometines when I see my husband with his children (from past marriage) I get angry at him and at them...I think like HOW COME I CANT HAVE MY BABY BUT HE CAN LET HIS EXWIFE HAVE HIS BABY?

Quoting keversole:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Yes its sort of difficult I cant help it.

Quoting keversole:

i totally understand. i was only dating the father of the baby at the time and he had a DD that we watched on the weekends. i had the exact same thoughts/feelings about it

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting keversole:

ZennMomma
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:01 PM

So, then maybe there is some underlying guilt, or more so, maybe resentment. Because, really, you are married and he has kids, was the abortion absolutely necessary?

just something to think about maybe.

ive never had one, contemplated it, but glad I chose to keep my baby, especially since I'm not able to conceive now. Anyways, just my two cents.

keversole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:02 PM

you dont have to help it. it's natural to feel that way. just try to accept it and not hold a grudge against him. as hard as that may be

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes its sort of difficult I cant help it.

Quoting keversole:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting keversole:

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Wow....
For once, I have nothing to say....
OP, I would suggest couples counciling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Women feel enough guilt, don't we?

I think we should simply do the best we can.

I carried all 3 of my children to term and am raising them.  I feel guilt because I work FT, or because I can't provide everything I'd love to provide for them (they have their necessities met 100%)...but still, just showing you that I had my children and feel guilt, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)