Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worry about YOURS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Some women will jump down others throats for decisions they make for their OWN child. Why does someone care that much if MY child was circumcised, or had vaccines, or didn't rear face til 35yrs old (sarcasm on age) .. notice that the ones that don't cut their sons foreskin, or don't vaccinate, or erf are the ones that freak out. Just like you can't change someones political stance by talking bad about the president, or change someone's view on abortion by pictures .. you can't change someones mind on their style of parenting either. I think we all do what *we think* is best for our cildren, don't we? So why can't people just worry about their own child(ren)??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM

because this is the internet...and it's easier to say what ever you want when you're behind a computer screen with caps lock and name calling as your greatest defense. when you post here, you're going to be judged for what you say. it's just the way it is.

JC2223
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Because it's natural to want to protect those that can't protect themselves. Because there are a lot of stupid, ignorant, selfish, "don't know any better" people out there reproducing. Because people are nosy. Because people are self righteous. Because people are judgemental. Because people are jealous. Because people are "know it alls". Because people have too much time on their hands. Because people think their way is the ONLY way. Need I go on?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

sigh...........

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont care what others do as long as they dont abuse or neglect them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM
My friends and I all have different ways of parenting, but even if we do things differently we never degrade the other or tell them they're wrong. I wonder if those that do it here do it in real life?

Quoting dbrown1989:

because this is the internet...and it's easier to say what ever you want when you're behind a computer screen with caps lock and name calling as your greatest defense. when you post here, you're going to be judged for what you say. it's just the way it is.

dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM

My friends and I are the same way. There is only one of us who acts like most of the moms on here do in real life. She's one of those women who thinks her way is the only right way and you're totally wrong if you do even the slightest thing differently. I bet most of the moms that do things like that online don't do it in real life...internet balls are the biggest kind. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My friends and I all have different ways of parenting, but even if we do things differently we never degrade the other or tell them they're wrong. I wonder if those that do it here do it in real life?

Quoting dbrown1989:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Ugh. You're stronger than me! I couldnt be friends with someone like that!

Quoting dbrown1989:

My friends and I are the same way. There is only one of us who acts like most of the moms on here do in real life. She's one of those women who thinks her way is the only right way and you're totally wrong if you do even the slightest thing differently. I bet most of the moms that do things like that online don't do it in real life...internet balls are the biggest kind. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dbrown1989:

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Because they think Bc they go against the "norm" then they're superior. I parent how I wish and really don't discuss it online or off.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:18 PM

She just recently started acting like that...I can't figure out why though. But according to her the way I do things with my son is wrong....everything that I'm doing to plan my wedding is wrong. BUT she parents her daughter perfectly and her wedding and planning is exactly the way it should be. Whatever. She has been my best friend for over 10 years but I guess we've grown apart and have very different lives. What she doesn't realize is I might be thinking she's wrong but I'd never tell her that, she's doing what she thinks is best so I stay out of it. I wish she could do the same, but it probably won't happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. You're stronger than me! I couldnt be friends with someone like that!

Quoting dbrown1989:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting dbrown1989:

HaloWithHorns78
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM
I honestly don't care. I know we don't all make the same parenting choices. As long as you aren't beating your kids I don't care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)