Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worry about YOURS

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Some women will jump down others throats for decisions they make for their OWN child. Why does someone care that much if MY child was circumcised, or had vaccines, or didn't rear face til 35yrs old (sarcasm on age) .. notice that the ones that don't cut their sons foreskin, or don't vaccinate, or erf are the ones that freak out. Just like you can't change someones political stance by talking bad about the president, or change someone's view on abortion by pictures .. you can't change someones mind on their style of parenting either. I think we all do what *we think* is best for our cildren, don't we? So why can't people just worry about their own child(ren)??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Ask her if she recently joined cafemom lol

Quoting dbrown1989:

She just recently started acting like that...I can't figure out why though. But according to her the way I do things with my son is wrong....everything that I'm doing to plan my wedding is wrong. BUT she parents her daughter perfectly and her wedding and planning is exactly the way it should be. Whatever. She has been my best friend for over 10 years but I guess we've grown apart and have very different lives. What she doesn't realize is I might be thinking she's wrong but I'd never tell her that, she's doing what she thinks is best so I stay out of it. I wish she could do the same, but it probably won't happen.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh. You're stronger than me! I couldnt be friends with someone like that!

Quoting dbrown1989:

My friends and I are the same way. There is only one of us who acts like most of the moms on here do in real life. She's one of those women who thinks her way is the only right way and you're totally wrong if you do even the slightest thing differently. I bet most of the moms that do things like that online don't do it in real life...internet balls are the biggest kind. lol

Quoting Anonymous:

My friends and I all have different ways of parenting, but even if we do things differently we never degrade the other or tell them they're wrong. I wonder if those that do it here do it in real life?

Quoting dbrown1989:

because this is the internet...and it's easier to say what ever you want when you're behind a computer screen with caps lock and name calling as your greatest defense. when you post here, you're going to be judged for what you say. it's just the way it is.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I circumsized, formula fed, vaccinated, we eat junk food and processed food and just followed the law on car seats.  I suppose Im evil.  I don;t care lol

I know Im a good parent, other people can parent how they want to.  

I think there is something slightly unbalanced with women who want to impose their parenting styles and ideals on others.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Omgoodness! How dare you! ;) lol

Quoting 428:

I circumsized, formula fed, vaccinated, we eat junk food and processed food and just followed the law on car seats.  I suppose Im evil.  I don;t care lol

I think there is something slightly unbalanced with women who want to impose their parenting styles and ideals on others.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Quoting dbrown1989:

because this is the internet...and it's easier to say what ever you want when you're behind a computer screen with caps lock and name calling as your greatest defense. when you post here, you're going to be judged for what you say. it's just the way it is.

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM

lol, I told you Im evil!  We also dont eat organic *gasp*

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Psh you're officially banned from CM!! I don't think I ever ate organic?! Lol

Quoting 428:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

1234abcd4321
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:30 PM

it's entertaining to discuss our differences. if no one 'judged' (ie. disagreed) we would have very little to talk about..

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Im not gonna pay double for vegetable that are basically the same damn thing.  I can find better things to spend my money on.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Psh you're officially banned from CM!! I don't think I ever ate organic?! Lol

Quoting 428:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 428:

Val99
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Problem is that what is "right" is a moving target.  Scientists have done studies and told us one thing is right, then switched opinion after better studies and say something else is right.  I have seen some things, like feeding your children eggs or breast feeding, go in and out of favor 4 times over the last 35 years.  It's ridiculous to fight over these things, especially if you are not a scientist and have no intimate knowledge of the studies performed.

Why can't everyone just grow up and get along.  Is that too dull?

Quoting JC2223:

Because it's natural to want to protect those that can't protect themselves. Because there are a lot of stupid, ignorant, selfish, "don't know any better" people out there reproducing. Because people are nosy. Because people are self righteous. Because people are judgemental. Because people are jealous. Because people are "know it alls". Because people have too much time on their hands. Because people think their way is the ONLY way. Need I go on?

NBean311
by Chivette on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:36 PM

No abuse, no neglect, not my business is my motto. The ONLY time I would ever interfere is if I knew there was abuse or neglect going on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)