Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bought a pretend ring for myself.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies

I want to get engaged so badly but we can't afford it right now and I don't tell my boyfriend how sad I am about NOT being engaged.

I bought myself a fake engagement ring on EBay that I wear when I am alone.  Sadly it does make me feel better.  I know one day he will propose I am not worried about that but sometimes I feel a little silly.

Comment away I just had to tell someone about my little secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lmscm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Well if it helps you feel better then I think it's fine. Who says you have to have a real ring to be engaged anyway?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:49 PM

You are right but it doesnt seem real unless there is a ring.  My best friend has "engaged" without a ring and I didnt believe that she was engaged for like a year because she didnt have a ring.

I know its silly

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Why hasn't he proposed yet? How long have you been together? If you really want to get married it's not wise to stay with someone who won't propose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Our first anniversary as couple is 3 weeks from today.  we are both in college right now and many other bills to pay before the ring :-(

I dont doubt that he will propose I just hate waiting

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM
2 moms liked this

If you can afford a "fake" ring for yourself, why can't he? You dont need an expensive ring to propose. Even a fake temporary one works just fine. Does he know how important marriage is for you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Our first anniversary as couple is 3 weeks from today.  we are both in college right now and many other bills to pay before the ring :-(

I dont doubt that he will propose I just hate waiting

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Time to have a heart-to-heart with your SO.  It doesn't take thousands to get engaged.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Ah don't sweat it...people get all kinds of things to make themselves feel better. I feel for you, talk to him. Show him what you bought yourself...maybe he will understand you better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM
3 moms liked this

So what you are saying is that you are living as though you are already married, with all the benefits of marriage, but none of the commitment and he refuses to propose because he thinks it takes two years to plan a wedding and four years to buy a ring? That sounds like excuses to me. My wedding took 6 months to arrange and it was beautiful. My ring cost a hundred dollars. To me that just sounds like he doesn't want to commit to your relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

JBiiirdD
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds to me he doesn't want to commit. That whole milk without buying the cow, having cake eating it too thing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN