Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bought a pretend ring for myself.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to get engaged so badly but we can't afford it right now and I don't tell my boyfriend how sad I am about NOT being engaged.

I bought myself a fake engagement ring on EBay that I wear when I am alone.  Sadly it does make me feel better.  I know one day he will propose I am not worried about that but sometimes I feel a little silly.

Comment away I just had to tell someone about my little secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (11-20):
supercarp
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:15 PM

The ring does not make the engagement. Don't wear a fake engagement ring if you're not engaged. then your life together will be starting out based on deception. It is not something to base a relationship on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Exactly, I think she is delusional and nuts.  

Quoting Anonymous:

So what you are saying is that you are living as though you are already married, with all the benefits of marriage, but none of the commitment and he refuses to propose because he thinks it takes two years to plan a wedding and four years to buy a ring? That sounds like excuses to me. My wedding took 6 months to arrange and it was beautiful. My ring cost a hundred dollars. To me that just sounds like he doesn't want to commit to your relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM

my wedding took 9 months from start to the day we were married. and i had a semi big wedding for cheap.  and like other moms said you dont need a real ring to get engaged or even a ring. you can get a cheapie $100 ring and then save up and for an anniversary get a nice engagment ring you love.

Quoting Anonymous:

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I am saying all that not him.  He doesnt refuse to propose he has a whole list of things that he wants to do first BEFORE the marriage....pay off the credit cards..pay off the truck....buy a house.  

I meant 3-4yrs TOTAL time from now  I am the impatient one

Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM
2 moms liked this

When I was single, when I would get to feeling blue, I would put on one of my pagent dresses and tiaras. just wear it around the house. did chores and stuff. I am sure it looked silly, but it made me feel better.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

it sound liek not only is he making escuses but so is she.it seams like the ring i more important then the actual marriage. 

Quoting Anonymous:

So what you are saying is that you are living as though you are already married, with all the benefits of marriage, but none of the commitment and he refuses to propose because he thinks it takes two years to plan a wedding and four years to buy a ring? That sounds like excuses to me. My wedding took 6 months to arrange and it was beautiful. My ring cost a hundred dollars. To me that just sounds like he doesn't want to commit to your relationship.

Quoting Anonymous:

LadyF86
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

I never had an engagement ring until after we got married.

keversole

my ring was $75 and i absolutely love it. we originally bought it as a "place saver" for a "real" ring when we could afford it but i dont think it'd trade it for another one now

lucsch

You aren't engaged if he hasn't proposed. The ring doesn't make a real difference. It is the ASKING and you ACCEPTING that does. Propose to him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Aside from my 1 friend I never knew anyone that got engaged without a ring

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN