Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bought a pretend ring for myself.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to get engaged so badly but we can't afford it right now and I don't tell my boyfriend how sad I am about NOT being engaged.

I bought myself a fake engagement ring on EBay that I wear when I am alone.  Sadly it does make me feel better.  I know one day he will propose I am not worried about that but sometimes I feel a little silly.

Comment away I just had to tell someone about my little secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
I'm sorry to say but if he really wanted to get engaged he would of done it even with a fake ring. It doesn't have to be expensivewhen time goesby and he has the extra money then he can buy a better one
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
That is adorable, lol! It would have made me feel better too :)

OP, I'm glad it makes you feel better and I hope you get your proposal soon.

Quoting Bigmetalchicken:

When I was single, when I would get to feeling blue, I would put on one of my pagent dresses and tiaras. just wear it around the house. did chores and stuff. I am sure it looked silly, but it made me feel better.

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

and like i sadi it sounds like the ring is mor important then the marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am saying all that not him.  He doesnt refuse to propose he has a whole list of things that he wants to do first BEFORE the marriage....pay off the credit cards..pay off the truck....buy a house.  

I meant 3-4yrs TOTAL time from now  I am the impatient one

JC2223
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

You don't need a ring to be engaged, he can propose without a ring.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Why would he propose if you are already living as though you were married but without any commitment?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I have done everything in my life backwards....kids before marriage (obviously) and college.  Just want one thing in my life to be traditional.  The whole down on one knee thing....engagement ring...nice wedding...

Quoting lucsch:

You aren't engaged if he hasn't proposed. The ring doesn't make a real difference. It is the ASKING and you ACCEPTING that does. Propose to him!

Yogamom08
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
On Halloween 2011 my DH said, "lets get married next month" and I said "heck yea!" And we got married on November 26. You can get an inexpensive ring and have a modest ceremony. The commitment matter more than the ring and ceremony

Quoting Anonymous:

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

my 2 yo just said hi to your avi.

Quoting lucsch:

You aren't engaged if he hasn't proposed. The ring doesn't make a real difference. It is the ASKING and you ACCEPTING that does. Propose to him!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

ok let me ask you all this.......who here had a traditional proposal...engagement period.... wedding???

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Ok...I'm really going to try to say this as nicely as possible. You sound like one of those girlfriends who try to push for marriage so hard that it pushes your boyfriend...straight out the door. Doing stuff like this could very well freak him the hell out, especially if he has already said that he isn't ready for an engagement/marriage, be it for emotional or financial reasons. Just be patient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN