Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bought a pretend ring for myself.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to get engaged so badly but we can't afford it right now and I don't tell my boyfriend how sad I am about NOT being engaged.

I bought myself a fake engagement ring on EBay that I wear when I am alone.  Sadly it does make me feel better.  I know one day he will propose I am not worried about that but sometimes I feel a little silly.

Comment away I just had to tell someone about my little secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (31-40):
The.Hug.Life
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

One year in? You've got plenty of time. Relax.

Quoting Anonymous:

Our first anniversary as couple is 3 weeks from today.  we are both in college right now and many other bills to pay before the ring :-(

I dont doubt that he will propose I just hate waiting

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Trust me. You're not alone. I do that with the ring that comes free with the Baby Phat perfume. Not all day though but I still feel like a huge loser.
eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Can we see a pic?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Actually I am not he doesnt know about the ring or how I feel at all.  He says things like when we get married and when we have a house and I say NOTHING.  It damn near kills me but I say nothing.  Money wise I totally agree.  I dont want to look back and say wow my dress and wedding could have been better if I paid more.  

Quoting The_Doodle:

Ok...I'm really going to try to say this as nicely as possible. You sound like one of those girlfriends who try to push for marriage so hard that it pushes your boyfriend...straight out the door. Doing stuff like this could very well freak him the hell out, especially if he has already said that he isn't ready for an engagement/marriage, be it for emotional or financial reasons. Just be patient.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

When my dh proposed, it was with a CZ ring that he bought from Macy's (he was 17, so I'm sure he had even less money than your bf does). He still took the time to pick it out, and I still loved it. I didn't get a real diamond until  years later, after we'd been married almost 2 years. If you two want to start your life together, money shouldn't dictate your choices (I mean, don't spend 100k on a wedding you can't afford, but I'm saying scale it down if you have to, being together should be the important thing).

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

i had a only a traditional engagment but only because he was deployed after he blurted out hey ya wanna get married.

Quoting Anonymous:

ok let me ask you all this.......who here had a traditional proposal...engagement period.... wedding???

Blondemommy64
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
My husband and I had to wait 5 yrs before we actually got engaged engaged with the big diamond ring because we had to wait for a law suite to be over to afford what we wanted but that didn't stop him from putting a ring he could afford at the time on my finger....I actually had two rings before my big one and the wedding... I planned the whole wedding in less then 4 months.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM

at 17 thats all he could afford so that totally acceptable.

Quoting boshs1andonly:

When my dh proposed, it was with a CZ ring that he bought from Macy's (he was 17, so I'm sure he had even less money than your bf does). He still took the time to pick it out, and I still loved it. I didn't get a real diamond until  years later, after we'd been married almost 2 years. If you two want to start your life together, money shouldn't dictate your choices (I mean, don't spend 100k on a wedding you can't afford, but I'm saying scale it down if you have to, being together should be the important thing).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Quoting eesmommy:

Can we see a pic?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM

funny thing is thats not even the ring i LOVE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN