Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bought a pretend ring for myself.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to get engaged so badly but we can't afford it right now and I don't tell my boyfriend how sad I am about NOT being engaged.

I bought myself a fake engagement ring on EBay that I wear when I am alone.  Sadly it does make me feel better.  I know one day he will propose I am not worried about that but sometimes I feel a little silly.

Comment away I just had to tell someone about my little secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM

My mom wore a fake wedding ring so no one would know she was an unmarried mom

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:37 PM
It took us six months to plan a wedding....and it didn't cost us more than a couple grand. He doesn't want to commit. That's all.

Quoting Anonymous:

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM

how could your whole wedding cost LESS than 2k?  Dress included???

Quoting Anonymous:

It took us six months to plan a wedding....and it didn't cost us more than a couple grand. He doesn't want to commit. That's all.

Quoting Anonymous:

everything in our relationship is great us living together with our sons I dont want to pressure him I want the proposal to be special not forced.  He is soooo laid back he feels like we have plenty of time to get married and possibly even have another baby.  weddings take at least 1-2 years to plan and pay for then you have time to save for the ring so you are talking mininum 3-4 years.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
So? My parents were married for 35 years before my dad bought her an "engagement" ring. And she still doesn't wear it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aside from my 1 friend I never knew anyone that got engaged without a ring

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That's extremely desperate in my opinion. You should just wait until he proposes with what he can afford for you. I don't know how a fake ring you purchased for yourself can make you feel better. What are you like 16 or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think you're setting yourself up for some real disappointement.  Not saying he won't propose, but if he doesn't you're going to have more issues than you already seem to have.  PS...you don't need a ring to be engaged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Did it in a park on the side of a mountain, bad the reception at one of the picnic areas, had a friend be the officiant, catered from chick-Fil-a. We spent most on our rings (about $800 total) and cake ($200). We didn't wear traditional wedding outfits (I still wore a white dress, but not a gown) since it was on the side of a mountain, but it was beautiful and perfect.

Quoting Anonymous:

how could your whole wedding cost LESS than 2k?  Dress included???

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I know he will propose I am not worried about that.  I guess my impatience is getting the better of me especially I am one of the last ones to be married.  I never thought I would be over 30 and still single

Quoting Anonymous:

I think you're setting yourself up for some real disappointement.  Not saying he won't propose, but if he doesn't you're going to have more issues than you already seem to have.  PS...you don't need a ring to be engaged.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

You have kids together and he's still pussy footing around marriage. He doesn't want to get married.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know he will propose I am not worried about that.  I guess my impatience is getting the better of me especially I am one of the last ones to be married.  I never thought I would be over 30 and still single

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

How old were you all when you got engaged and then married????

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)