Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bought a pretend ring for myself.......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I want to get engaged so badly but we can't afford it right now and I don't tell my boyfriend how sad I am about NOT being engaged.

I bought myself a fake engagement ring on EBay that I wear when I am alone.  Sadly it does make me feel better.  I know one day he will propose I am not worried about that but sometimes I feel a little silly.

Comment away I just had to tell someone about my little secret.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Replies (91-97):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:13 PM

based on our plans it will be about 3 years i ironically suggested 4 yr plan so the money wont be as tight until then but he hates paying interest same way I hate to pay for shipping

Quoting Anonymous:

You most likely will never be able to fully pay off your credit card bills and a house will take more than three years so you would be waiting a long time.
youllneverknow
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
Ohhh ok.nny ex and I were together four yearswithout a proposal lol we also weren't happy so I'm grateful now but I hated being in such a long relationship without making steps toqards engagement and marriage

Quoting Anonymous:

almost a year as a couple

Quoting youllneverknow:

I felt the same way before my ex and I broke up so he let me wear his grandfather's ring.I used to pretend it meant as much as an engagement ring would.how long have you guys been together

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Not everyday is perfect but we are happy.  He is used to getting his way.  His family listens to every word he says he says so he is learning to communicate better.

He gets flustered if you disagree so I have been working on it with him.  He can be selfish but I blame his family for making him like that.   

Quoting youllneverknow:

Ohhh ok.nny ex and I were together four yearswithout a proposal lol we also weren't happy so I'm grateful now but I hated being in such a long relationship without making steps toqards engagement and marriage

Quoting Anonymous:

almost a year as a couple

Quoting youllneverknow:

I felt the same way before my ex and I broke up so he let me wear his grandfather's ring.I used to pretend it meant as much as an engagement ring would.how long have you guys been together

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Why can't you get engaged with the ring you have and then when he has the money, get you a nicer one?

Quoting Anonymous:

You are right but it doesnt seem real unless there is a ring.  My best friend has "engaged" without a ring and I didnt believe that she was engaged for like a year because she didnt have a ring.

I know its silly

lmscm
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Megan11587:

Well you are right. If he hasn't proposed then they definitely are not engaged. I just mean if a couple want to be engaged then they can be, even without a ring.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Weddings don't take years. My husband and I met, five weeks later we were engaged and five days after that we married.

Find out if he really wants to commit. You deserve someone who wants something more than playing house with you.
kbutton24
by Mrs.Sima on Feb. 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I agree! We've been engaged for over a year without a ring. We just bought my ring yesterday! I can't wait to get it net week!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)