Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

8 month old- rash...help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

Does anyone know what this rash could be from? I did change dryer sheets but that was over a month ago. This rash just started within the last few days. I've been using the same detergent since he was born. I'm wondering if it could be a food allergy maybe? He does eat some table foods and baby food. I know you guys aren't doctors but I'm just wondering if anyone else's little one has had a rash like this?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jessica_Esqueda
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM
That's hives and almost definitely a food allergy. What's he eaten that's new in the past 3 days? Ans if you're breastfeeding what have YOU eaten that's new?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:01 PM
He has had mostly baby food and his formula. He also has had Cheerios, gerber puffs, gerber yogurt melts, gerber yogurt, applesauce, homemade spaghetti and meatballs, hmmm...that's all I can think of that he has had in the last few days.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

That's hives and almost definitely a food allergy. What's he eaten that's new in the past 3 days? Ans if you're breastfeeding what have YOU eaten that's new?

Jessica_Esqueda
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Could be milk, but likely not if he's formula fed. Most of those things have soy in them though, which is a common allergen. Cut him back to only things jes been eating for at least a month and give him Liz instead of cheerios. See how that works for a week then add each food back in 1 at a time, with each introduction 48 hrs apart. The hives should clear in the first week and the culprit will pop up when u reintroduce the foods 1 at a time.

Quoting Anonymous:

He has had mostly baby food and his formula. He also has had Cheerios, gerber puffs, gerber yogurt melts, gerber yogurt, applesauce, homemade spaghetti and meatballs, hmmm...that's all I can think of that he has had in the last few days.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AllieReed
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I don't know, but I would put cortisone cream on it & give him benedryl. Poor fella :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM
What is Liz? I have children's Benadryl...could I give him that? I would half the dose of what it recommends for children.

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

Could be milk, but likely not if he's formula fed. Most of those things have soy in them though, which is a common allergen. Cut him back to only things jes been eating for at least a month and give him Liz instead of cheerios. See how that works for a week then add each food back in 1 at a time, with each introduction 48 hrs apart. The hives should clear in the first week and the culprit will pop up when u reintroduce the foods 1 at a time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Jessica_Esqueda:

aikimomof3
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Looks like eczema. My DD get it in the dry winter months. I would try some Aveeno eczema cream. If it does not start to clear up within 1 or 2 days, call the doc. Sometimes they will have you use cortisone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:09 PM
It's safe to give him Benadryl? I have children's Benadryl.

Quoting AllieReed:

I don't know, but I would put cortisone cream on it & give him benedryl. Poor fella :-(

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:12 PM
He does get some eczema on his face so I was wondering if it could be that? I have neosporin eczema cream that I use for his face.

Quoting aikimomof3:

Looks like eczema. My DD get it in the dry winter months. I would try some Aveeno eczema cream. If it does not start to clear up within 1 or 2 days, call the doc. Sometimes they will have you use cortisone.

Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM

At daycare there was a little boy allergic to peanuts. He would get those same rashy marks on his body. Even though he wasn't eating peanut butter, it would sometimes be fed to others in the room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Take your son to the doctor. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)