Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

One of those Poo Free updates for those who care. (Pic Heavy)

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM
  • 182 Replies
5 moms liked this

Another Poo Free Update; The Air Dry Test

I know it may sound silly to some, but it has been a life long dream of mine to have air dry hair. You know the kind. When I was in high school I would see those girls with their air dry hair. They show up for school, their hair still wet, and by lunch time it was this wavy, shiny, moving sea of beauty. Well, that's how it appeared to me anyway. I've written about it before, my longing for hair that needs no heat or round brush to be presentable.
As happy as I have been with my new low maintenance hair, I have still not been able to bid my hair dryer fair well  While it's true that a brush and even hair product is no longer something that I require on a daily basis, I still stand every morning for 10 to 15 minutes, bending at the waist, hanging my head upside down, scrunching with one hand, and holding my defuser in the other. The idea that I would ever have air dry hair seemed out of reach.
Then I wondered, what does my hair look like now when it's air dried? It's been months since I've tried. So here I sit, damp hair, typing away in hopes that when it comes time to take my daughter to school today, I won't be embarrassed to do so.

So what was the verdict?
It seems as though my hair looks just fine air dried. I will admit to brushing it which made my waves kind of weird, but it's a learn as you go process. So here it is, 9 months no poo and now I am an air dry girl.

And for perspective and or comedy, let's take a look again at the air dry transition.

What I started with 9 months ago air dry
5 weeks no poo air dry
3 months no poo air dry
today

I am a happy girl with healthy hair, and who knew about the color? I mean I had no idea my hair color would change so much.
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xXSoSincereXx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM
no poo, does that mean you don't shampoo or I'm lost
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I'm confused. No poo hair? What are you talking about?

At any rate, my hair is way too frizzy, worse than your first pic. So I rely on it drying as I sleep and then my flat iron to smooth it out
Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Quoting xXSoSincereXx:

Yes it means I don't use shampoo.

Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm confused. No poo hair? What are you talking about?

At any rate, my hair is way too frizzy, worse than your first pic. So I rely on it drying as I sleep and then my flat iron to smooth it out

It means I don't use shampoo. Sometimes I take for granted that not everyone knows that term, I'm sorry.

ksueditz
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I tried for 2 days, and can't commit. Your hair looks very nice. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM

And you look younger too! 

xXSoSincereXx
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
how do you keep it from getting oily? your hair looks good by the way

Quoting Kitschy:

Quoting xXSoSincereXx:

Yes it means I don't use shampoo.

indymom72
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Looks good!!  I can bring myself to roll as hard core as you do, but I have begun using Hair One, it's comprable to Wen, and my hair has never looked better.  No sulfates, just lots of massaging the scalp, which did take some getting used to.  I cannot get over the difference...I don't even need products in my hair anymore and it looks so much healthier!

Kitschy
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ksueditz:

I tried for 2 days, and can't commit. Your hair looks very nice. :)

Thank you. I think if I had a job, I would have given up the first week. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I get itchy by day three and it always smells dirty.  How do you do it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)