Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ACA. The Affordable Care Act is going to destroy the economy!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

If you're living paycheck to paycheck, how are you going to afford compulsory health insurance?  Obviously you will have to do without other purchases which will create a drag on the economy.  It is estimated that the american family of 5 will spend between $6 - 20,000 a year on health insurance premiums - that means less money spent on food, rent, car payments, etc . . . definitely not a prescription for a stimulating economy!  With Americans buying less consumer items, almost every industry will have to lay off workers, no retail/no jobs. In order to afford health insurance you will have to give up on something else, what will it be?  What will you have to give up if you do not have employment provided health insurance benefits? 

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM

I won't  have to give up anything. I already pay for health insurance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
6 moms liked this
Economy will be just fine. Other countries have been doing it for years and are way better off than the US.

The affordable healthcare act will SAVE LIVES, and to me, that's all that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christine_05
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:30 PM
I am so grateful my hubby has great insurance through his job. They only take out $15/wk for our family of 5. They take care of so much. I'm glad we're so forunate.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM

I agree, I work at a major hospital system and we are already preparing for it.  Personally, as soon as it was passed, our insurance was adjusted "due to the ACA" and now we pay 30 dollar copays instead of 15.  90 dollars for urgent care and more money in prescription drug copays.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Nothing is "Free", nothing is especially "Free and Quality"

Boy these free things sure are expensive!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Other countries with similar healthcare have infinitely better plans. This is a half assed attempt.

Quoting Anonymous:

Economy will be just fine. Other countries have been doing it for years and are way better off than the US.

The affordable healthcare act will SAVE LIVES, and too me, that's all that matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Please explain to me how it will save lives? What exactly do you know about it that I do not?

Quoting Anonymous:

The affordable healthcare act will SAVE LIVES, and too me, that's all that matters.

aimesnyc
by Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I'm not worried about it.  My husband desperately needs health insurance, and this gives us a chance to get him some.  We will be putting money in a health savings account to help pay for the plan that we choose.  Money that we have saved and specifically put aside for such purposes (most likely from our tax return this year).

My husband has looked into it more than I have, and he is all for it.  I'm just glad that he is finally getting health insurance.

ayacocca
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Cosign .. and if I didn't have coverage for my family of 4, it would be not even $150/mth . so I feel good about it either way.

Quoting Anonymous:

I won't  have to give up anything. I already pay for health insurance.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM
this Cept mines 18 a week.

it's blows my mind when people say they're paying 500 or whatever a month.

Quoting christine_05:

I am so grateful my hubby has great insurance through his job. They only take out $15/wk for our family of 5. They take care of so much. I'm glad we're so forunate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN