Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Sick baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

My 5 month old has glassy, watery eyes, a little bit of a stuffy nose and hes spitting up more than usual but not vomiting. Hes a little fussier than usual but not too bad. Its been just since last night and hes no worse than he was at bedtime.

Hes already had RSV and this isn't like it. Hes breathing fine, just a little stuffy. He doesn't have a fever and hes eating and sleeping like normal. Normal wet and dirty diapers, holding his head and body up as well as usual and making all the normal baby sounds.

His doctor bitches at me all the time for taking him in over every little thing so I don't want to take him in if its noting major. Do you all suggest I take him in or do you think its something that will pass on its own?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM

bump

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM
It sounds like a cold. I wouldn't call the doc unless he stays sick for several days. And if your pedi actually Bitches at you, I would switch practices.
keversole
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM

You could just call and talk to a nurse or doctor and ask them what they think. Doesn't sound serious to me tho.

Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

sounds like a cold, im sure it will pass. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:26 PM

I'm in the process of finding a new pedi, medicaid just makes it so complicated; you can't see a different pedi without first switching to them as a PCP and its really annoying trying to find one that fits when you have to change the PCP to even be able to see someone else to get a feel for them. This is his third pedi so far. 

Quoting almondpigeon:

It sounds like a cold. I wouldn't call the doc unless he stays sick for several days. And if your pedi actually Bitches at you, I would switch practices.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Sounds fine as long as hes eating and pottying normal and mostly content. If it lasts more than a few days call and ask
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I wouldn't take him in.  Sounds like a cold.

jendawgrox2004
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM

Take him in and bitch at your doctor. You are the mom, if you think something is wrong, it is your right to bring him in. He has no right to tell discourage you. My child's doctor encourages me to bring them in if I feel the need.

cLanief
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
A little cold or seasonal allergies.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)