Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am tired of the SAHM's excuses as to why they do not get a job and receive PA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 551 Replies
31 moms liked this

This is NOT directed at SAHM's that can afford to stay home.  I am talking about the ones who do and cannot afford to and take welfare, fs etc..... Why can't you get a job at night(after dh comes home)?  If you married a man that cannot fully support you while you stay home, you should not be sitting home on PA.  Doesn't social services tell you to get a job?  I have read posts on here from women that have NEVER worked.  Are you kidding me? NEVER? Not even as a teen?  It is inexcusable to me.  It truly is.  I am tired of hearing the "I cannot afford daycare" excuse over and over again.  Work around one anothers schedules and stop allowing the tax payer to support your poor choices.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:33 PM
33 moms liked this

Other than disabled moms or moms with disabled kids I agree.

brittany208
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I suppose it makes sense for those women who would be MORE in the hole working after paying for daycare for their children. As in, I can see what they are thinking.

I've always worked 2 days a week--at first at night when DH could watch DS, now during the day when DS goes to preschool--to be able to afford it. We've never been on PA.

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
20 moms liked this
Call me crazy but I feel they should have that all figured out before the first kid. So many have 3 kids and then say they can't afford daycare.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:36 PM
10 moms liked this

I feel the same way... the only OTHER exception I will add is if their DH is normally able to provide and he suffers a job loss or something.   If they take PA for a short time until he gets back on his feet, that is better than uprooting the kids and changing their lives around drastically for the temporary loss of job.   Plus, I feel that is part of what the DH pays taxes for, so he should be able to use it once in a while.

However, sitting on PA long term and never finding ways of helping yourself is very poor on the economy and poor examples for your kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Other than disabled moms or moms with disabled kids I agree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:39 PM
5 moms liked this

I am not talking about people who truly fell on bad times.  Some of these women knew they were marrying someone that did not have a great job and they chose to have kids before they can afford it

auntietotty
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:40 PM
2 moms liked this

We did opposite shifts for 13 yrs. It wasnt a big deal. We did it so one of us was home no matter what. While the kids were at school, husband was asleep and I was at work.  When I got home, he went to work...and the kids were home with me. If I worked weekends, he was home.

We could have afforded for me to stay home but I thought it was pointless if they were in school.

OP...I agree with you.

We have never recieved PA either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM
15 moms liked this

nope, social services does not tell me to get a job! They understand my job is taking care of 3 kids.

kaffedrikke
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM
4 moms liked this

If the kid is not yet in school then no.  Now I can agree with some supplemental income.  But one has to figure in the cost of daycare and transportation.  Where I live most women could afford food without foodstamps if they would stop buying prepackaged food but I digress.  Also, if hubby cannot do it on forty hours per week, maybe he needs to do what my dad did back in the day.  GET A FRiCKING MOONLIGHTING JOB

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

if we worked opposite shifts my husband would get no sleep at all. he only gets about 5 hours as is. He works full time 3rd shift and goes to school full time during the day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM
20 moms liked this
If you only get fs they only ask you to work when your youngest is five or older. Otherwise the money they would spend on daycare so mom can work a dead end job at mcdonalds would be higher than its worth. Jobs like that dont get you anywhere. You can't put mcdonalds on your resume unless you were a manager. Add to that they will still need fs and you have a recipe for continued welfare dependance. I would like to see the government stop giving tax breaks to companies that outsource American jobs overseas.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured