Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am tired of the SAHM's excuses as to why they do not get a job and receive PA

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

This is NOT directed at SAHM's that can afford to stay home.  I am talking about the ones who do and cannot afford to and take welfare, fs etc..... Why can't you get a job at night(after dh comes home)?  If you married a man that cannot fully support you while you stay home, you should not be sitting home on PA.  Doesn't social services tell you to get a job?  I have read posts on here from women that have NEVER worked.  Are you kidding me? NEVER? Not even as a teen?  It is inexcusable to me.  It truly is.  I am tired of hearing the "I cannot afford daycare" excuse over and over again.  Work around one anothers schedules and stop allowing the tax payer to support your poor choices.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Replies (351-360):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting BigMamaMN:

Paying taxes and taking care of those who cannot is part of being American. If you don't like it you should move somewhere else.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting BigMamaMN:

i wonder if you should just mind your own business...

It IS the business fo those who fund it. Those 53% who work for MONTHS to pay for their tax obligations.  People who pay out THOUSANDS for medical insurance-while the PA recipiant pays nothing. People who work 50 and 60 hour work weeks to pay for someone elses' kids.  

Change the requiremnts. Put the work requirement of a 2 Adult household at 60 hours a week.-work or school or legitimate job hunting...and if you have another child while on welfare-no additional money will be given you-no extra foodstamps.

LOL-funny since the income tax was not instituted until the early 1900's And the EIC wasn't instituted until 1975 or so.....

Maybe we should move the leeches who suck off of the working people out of the country? Maybe we should impose time limits on all forms of assistance-and cap it at when you start so that irresponsible breeding of kids you can't afford to care for or feed becomes less advantageous. I am TIRED of having to support the kids of Moms who are too damned lazy to figure out how to work.  Tired of their excuses. Tired of their bullshit. YOUR kids-you work to feed them-I have 4 of my  own to feed raise and support....I am not asking themto do anything i didn't do-work.

I bet if you set up 2 charitable organizations tomorrow-one to donate to working families where both parents had jobs and coul;dn't make it-and one for families where the Mom sat home all day -the majority of money would go to help the family who had 2 parents working -not the one where Mom was sitting home....Because our country was founded on hard work-not government hand outs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Tell me how I am supposed to don it. My dh is a truck driver. He is gone 6 days a week. Am I supposed to work the one day I get to see him? Obviously you have no idea what it is like to be in the position some people find themselves in. Yes they can work but what good does working do if you pay all of it back out in childcare?

People like you that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground are so irritating. Glad you think you know how to fix the world.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I want to know one thing..if the wife working would literally only pay for daycare for the kids while she's working, then they still need fs to feed their family, wtf is the point of her working???

When I had my first child dayvcare was more than our mortgage.  When I had my second child it was a LOT more than our mortgage.  I of course got plenty of raises and promotions-applied for better posistions in my company when they opened up and am now making a 6 figure income. Had I thrown in the towel because my daycare was $10K a year (in 1991) or 30K a year (as it was for a few years) then where would I be? Back at the bottom of the ladder with not enough time in my working life to get much higher.  Stuck making 40K and trying to raise 4 kids on that?  No thanks.  I was raised to believe you didn't have kids you couldn't support.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 75 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Tell me how I am supposed to don it. My dh is a truck driver. He is gone 6 days a week. Am I supposed to work the one day I get to see him? Obviously you have no idea what it is like to be in the position some people find themselves in. Yes they can work but what good does working do if you pay all of it back out in childcare?

People like you that don't know their ass from a hole in the ground are so irritating. Glad you think you know how to fix the world.

You didn't know this before you had kids? Tell me what would you do if there was no assistance? Let your kids starve? Or would you find a daycare swap and get a job? Would you open an daycare in your home before you would let them starve? Or just let them starve?  IF there was no assistance my guess is you would figure it the hell out.....

BlessedBeX3
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:44 AM

why does it bother you? its not hurting you. they aren't personally taking money from your bank account. I think people need to start realizing that we have bigger problems in this country

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Yeah I would. And do. Honestly the only help I take is health insurance. But I still have to pay a premium to my state.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You didn't know this before you had kids? Tell me what would you do if there was no assistance? Let your kids starve? Or would you find a daycare swap and get a job? Would you open an daycare in your home before you would let them starve? Or just let them starve?  IF there was no assistance my guess is you would figure it the hell out.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 86 on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It is not always as cut and dry as you make it sound. There are circumstances like my husband works a switch shift where he works days 2 weeks and night 2 weeks. Then there is the overtime he has on a 20 minute notice on any given day. Then there is the fact that people don't want to hire you if you haven't worked in the past year or so no matter what the reason!
You make it sound so simple to just run out and get a job but some of us would love to work and just can't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:56 AM

again, those defending SAHM on welfare clearly don't get it  Your parents obviously did not drill into your heads that education AND money come before kids  You don 't have kids you cannot support. Bad things happen in life, I am NOT talking about that .  I am talking about those who intentionally had children knoing they could not support them 100%.  I am SICK of the excuses as to why you did this and why you need tax payer money to support you while you stay at home.  Thre are NO excuses.  I waited until I was 29 to even think about having a child, and had my first at 32 RESPONSIBLY.  We could afford it, I had my MA. I don't care you wanted kids young.  That is a WANT.  You still should have waited if you had no money.  I don't care if somehow you think you are entitled to free money while you complete school.  That should have been done earlier.  Enough of this.  Those that continue to have kids while on welfare need to be cut off as well  Years ago my parents and grandparents figured out how to support their families WITHOUT government help. With the amount of money my family pays in federal taxes, we are supporting them, so it is my business

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

It is not always as cut and dry as you make it sound. There are circumstances like my husband works a switch shift where he works days 2 weeks and night 2 weeks. Then there is the overtime he has on a 20 minute notice on any given day. Then there is the fact that people don't want to hire you if you haven't worked in the past year or so no matter what the reason!
You make it sound so simple to just run out and get a job but some of us would love to work and just can't.

fast food, supermarket cashiers and many small business around town ARE hiring.  YOu could work in one of those places to get your food money.  Being a SAHM on welfare should NEVER be an option.  I would never EVER have disgraced myself doing that, but then again, I was raised to believe that welfare was not even an option.  Welfare should only be for people who fell on hard times, not poor choices

mamanay041010
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM

:) WE can not afford daycare but we also don't get any help from the government, we did both work before I got pregnant(stopped due to complications) and the jobs we had it was always cutting it tight trying to leave work in time for him to get to work was hell so we sat down and talked about it, it was best for me to stay home (he was doubling my bi weekly pay) keep after DD and the house, focus on classes full time and be pregnant. So that's what happened, I have wondered about people who are on assistance here where I live and are offered training for employment that turn it down, it seems if I could get to continue my education for free I'd jump on it but not everyone agrees I guess. I understand it from both sides, sometimes schedules just don't work the way we intend, but I also am a huge fan of being self sufficient in as many ways as I can. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)