Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Funny things our kids say

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was reading the post about how a boy thinks his brother came into the world, and it reminded me of the day we brought my DS home from the hospital. DS was swaddled up taking a nap in his bassinet and my daughter, then 2 1/2 y/o, comes in and peeks over the side of the bassinet to watch him. After standing there for a good five minutes watching her brother sleep she looks at me with a very serious look on her face and says "Mama can he walk?" I reply "No Sierra he's just a baby." She considers that for a second then says "Well can he talk?" Again I give her the same reply. DD then comes and hops up on my lap and says "then why in the world do you want him?....he can't DO anything!" "I think we should take him back and get one that works right..."

LOL I will always remember that moment and laugh because she was very adament about not needing to keep this little creature who couldnt talk or walk! She did grow to adore her baby brother over time though!

Have you had any moments like this with your children?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovehimforever
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM
2 moms liked this
My son has never asked where his brother came from. However something funny he said the other day.

We were driving around looking for a place to eat. Dh pointed out a little mom and pop the type diner. I said "hun, it looks kind of dirty" my 5 year old pipes in and says "mom, some people like dirty"

Bwahaha. I couldn't stop laughing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Lol well he's right I suppose! Darn observant kids...I swear!!! 

Quoting lovehimforever:

My son has never asked where his brother came from. However something funny he said the other day.

We were driving around looking for a place to eat. Dh pointed out a little mom and pop the type diner. I said "hun, it looks kind of dirty" my 5 year old pipes in and says "mom, some people like dirty"

Bwahaha. I couldn't stop laughing.

imamombygrace
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest wanted to return her sister b/c she thought she was turning rotten. She took a look at her belly button the first week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
suzy1125
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM
We have a fish tank, one time my son asked me why fish don't wear clothes lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Haha that's a pretty good question! Is he by any chance a spongebob fan? 

Quoting suzy1125:

We have a fish tank, one time my son asked me why fish don't wear clothes lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

bump

jenmomx3
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Last night my YDD...were listening to Alicia Keys in the car and she says "Mommy, I'm a girl....but I'm not on fire!"  I Lmao...it was too funny.

brittney28
by Brittney on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:20 PM
My 9 year old ds was reading a children's rhyme book the other day and came across the "rub a dub dub three men in a tub" rhyme. He looked at me and said " mom why are three men in the tub? That's kinda creepy" lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this

LMAO oh goodness! That's priceless! 

Quoting brittney28:

My 9 year old ds was reading a children's rhyme book the other day and came across the "rub a dub dub three men in a tub" rhyme. He looked at me and said " mom why are three men in the tub? That's kinda creepy" lol

suzy1125
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

yeah lol he loves spongbob! I never put the two together!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)