Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Funny things our kids say

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was reading the post about how a boy thinks his brother came into the world, and it reminded me of the day we brought my DS home from the hospital. DS was swaddled up taking a nap in his bassinet and my daughter, then 2 1/2 y/o, comes in and peeks over the side of the bassinet to watch him. After standing there for a good five minutes watching her brother sleep she looks at me with a very serious look on her face and says "Mama can he walk?" I reply "No Sierra he's just a baby." She considers that for a second then says "Well can he talk?" Again I give her the same reply. DD then comes and hops up on my lap and says "then why in the world do you want him?....he can't DO anything!" "I think we should take him back and get one that works right..."

LOL I will always remember that moment and laugh because she was very adament about not needing to keep this little creature who couldnt talk or walk! She did grow to adore her baby brother over time though!

Have you had any moments like this with your children?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Replies (11-20):
brittany208
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this

My LO says the funniest things all the time, but I can never think of them when people make these posts! I need to start writing them down!

ecerka
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband and 2 yo was sitting at our kitchen table and I was getting ready to leave for a girls eveningwhen my husband says " isnt momma looking pretty. She said Yep pretty mommy. Then she looked at her daddy and said "it's OK daddy is a pretty boy too. "
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SterlingHeart
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

my youngest now 12 -- was a smarty pants and made up words to suit her feelings when she was like 3 -- my all time fav was when she didn't like you cause you told her no or didnt let her have what she wanted etc.... she would say 

"your being a Mamater" --- have no clue where that word came from - she just used that word when you were on her shit list LOL 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad is balding on the back of his head. When ds was 2 he asked, grandpa why do you shave the back of your head?
MCA23
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

One day when my daughter was 3 or so, she had a matter and started crying.  We asked her what was wrong, and she said "i just hurt my own feelings!'

I can't remember now what she'd actually done to herself, but it was so hard not to smile.  She had big tears and was dead serious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My daughter loves Spongbob and asked not tom long ago if I would buy her a starfish and somes tiy pants to go on him! I guess it just kind of clicked for me... :) 

Quoting suzy1125:

Quoting Anonymous:

yeah lol he loves spongbob! I never put the two together!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

A few days ago, my 2 year old royal pissed of my 3 year old. She got this angry look on her face, stomped her foot, crossed her arms and said, "Alright, No Disney!". I about died. Husband and I both got a good laugh out of it. Ever since then we will jokingly pretend to be mad at something the other said or did and will say, "Alright, No Disney!" and then we laugh all over again.

MCA23
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting SterlingHeart:

my youngest now 12 -- was a smarty pants and made up words to suit her feelings when she was like 3 -- my all time fav was when she didn't like you cause you told her no or didnt let her have what she wanted etc.... she would say 

"your being a Mamater" --- have no clue where that word came from - she just used that word when you were on her shit list LOL 

That just reminded me... when my daughter was about that size, if she was about to kick some ass she'd yell BATACTION!!! 

And if her tights/leggings weren't quite smooth, she'd say they were all scrumbled up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Aww poor baby! It is so hard not to laugh in those situations... 

Quoting MCA23:

One day when my daughter was 3 or so, she had a matter and started crying.  We asked her what was wrong, and she said "i just hurt my own feelings!'

I can't remember now what she'd actually done to herself, but it was so hard not to smile.  She had big tears and was dead serious.

scperdomo
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:32 PM
After a bath, getting DS (3) dressed. I comment on how nice he smells now, he says, "yeah I'm clean... and stylish too!" (Insert weird hand motion).

After bringing baby ds home, during a diaper change my niece (4) asked why he had poop in his belly button (the cord stump).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)