Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Serious Questions For Atheist (EDIT) - No Bashing From Other Religions Please!

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM
  • 169 Replies

So ask a kid/teenager I had plenty of very close friends who were Atheist. I remember the day, one of them asked me what my religion was and when I said Christian they were in complete shock it seemed like. I guess I came off as a Atheist? I dunno. We didn't really talk a whole lot about our beliefs. Probably because we were always busy doing other stuff. Well now I'm curious.. at what age did you realize you were Atheist? Because we were really young and personally, I didn't pay a lot of attention to stuff like that until I was a little older. Also, what exactly are your beliefs? I honestly do want to know. This isn't to bash you whatsoever. We all have the right to believe in whatever we want. I'm not going to preach to you or anything lol. Sooo yeah! :)

EDIT: another question.. what made you realize you were Atheist?

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM

I was 35. DH was 16. DD was 10.

*Edit for crY; after a pastor yelled at my 1st grade daughter, telling her she was an idiot for not knowing jesus was first & santa isnt real, it made me question religion. it took DD 5 yrs to figure out she loved questions and religion wasnt answering her correctly. DH lost faith when his mother died withing 3 weeks of haspitalization, of unknown stage 4 cancer, for the original diagnosis of "Back ache".

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I was probably about 11 or so.

cRystienah
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Another question, what made you realize you're Atheist?

Quoting squeekers:

I was 35. DH was 16. DD was 10.

cRystienah
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM

What made you realize you're Atheist?

Quoting Anonymous:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I started to question religion around the age of 12. I went on a spiritual quest that took about 10 years, I explored all the major religions and the pagan/wiccan ones none of them made sense to me. Then I started to study science and it all clicked. LOL. I officially came out of the closet when I was 25 years old.

I believe in science, I do not believe that their is an invisable person in the sky that created the earth, cares about who I sleep with and I don't believe their is an afterlife at all. Once we die, we are dead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I was born that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM

That I didn't believe in what I was being taught. I didn't know the label, I just knew that I thought differently. 

Quoting cRystienah:

What made you realize you're Atheist?

Quoting Anonymous:

meangreen18
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

i used to go to church and the camps and other religious activites because i was told to. i stopped believing around the same time i found out santa claus was not real. realized if my parents made him up what else were they lying to me about.

cRystienah
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

So you believe that everything pretty much just goes black once we die, correct? I thought people who believe in science are scientologist (sp?) or something.. or is that the same thing? Sorry for all the questions. I really don't know much beyond Christianity. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I started to question religion around the age of 12. I went on a spiritual quest that took about 10 years, I explored all the major religions and the pagan/wiccan ones none of them made sense to me. Then I started to study science and it all clicked. LOL. I officially came out of the closet when I was 25 years old.

I believe in science, I do not believe that their is an invisable person in the sky that created the earth, cares about who I sleep with and I don't believe their is an afterlife at all. Once we die, we are dead.

momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I was doubtful at a pretty young age. I'm not sure I ever really believed. I pretended for years, but mostly just flew under the radar of christian friends/family. I finally told someone my feelings in my mid-twenties- my hubby (we were dating at the time). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)