Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Curvy

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
  • 186 Replies
7 moms liked this

Fat is not the same as curvy. I'm a size 10. 5'2". I have a 12" diff between my hips and waist. No rolls in between. To me that is curvy.

I have been much larger. 250 lbs. And while I still had a good 10 " difference between my hips and waist I wouldn't have said I was curvy....I was rolly.

But I have noticed a trend among plus sized women in the last few years, where they seem to just have adopted the adjective curvy to describe themselves. I'm a size 22 and curvy....uh, no, you probably aren't. There does come a size where curvy stops and you are just fat. And that is okay, to be fat and love yourself, but be honest with yourself. You will never change if you can't be honest about what you really look like.

That's my soapbox. Have fun with it:)

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh lawd! Here we go.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
4 moms liked this
Pics or you're lying.
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM

lol, I agree. I am a size 16 and feel fat, not curvy. I was a 22 a few months ago and I was absolutely fat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM
You can be curvy and fat also. I have no rolls I'm plus sized and curvy. But thanks for sharing your opinion.
Val99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Maybe they are honest with themselves but they try to project a good self image to the public.  Everyone tries to put their best face forward, right?  Why do you think that their beliefs about themselves have to be shared with you?

queenamy
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM

I agree.. 

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:48 PM
12 moms liked this

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
3 moms liked this

lol. I love when people tell my I'm skinny so I CAN'T be curvy. I have baby-making hips, and rather large breasts, and when I'm not pregnant my measurments are literally out of the Sir Mix-a-Lot song. 34-24-36. I'm 5'2" and weigh around 110 lbs on average. I only own 2 pairs of jeans because it's so hard to find anything that fits my shape, but I'm told all the time that I'm thin so I can't claim to have curves.

Haters gonna hate.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I am 5'4 and a size 10, I am curvy. I wear a small/med shirt, I just have thick thighs and a booty.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM

PIC!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)